Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the espresso leather and am looking for advice on cleaning and maintenance.
I've only ever had black leather with other cars & leather furniture and have just used diluted murphy's soap and water. Never felt a need for a conditioner or protector but I've noticed several products by Meguire's, Armor-All, Simoniz & Mother's at my local auto supply to clean & condition leather interior and wondered if anyone has had experience with and would recommend any products.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
303 Aerospace cleaner for general cleaning
Damp microfibre cloth for dusting and wiping down the dash and doors
Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner for the seats

My cleaning regime seems to work pretty good. The 4 year old car I just traded in looked brand new inside.

I buy most of my stuff from EShine which is also local to us here in Ontario.
eShine Canada, Car, Wax, Polish, Polisher, Tire Dressings, Detailing Supplies, RV, Truck, Boat, Automotive, upholstery, marine, convertible, Microfiber

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was making a purchase from Bernardi Acura so I bought some Acura leather cleaner as well as the leather conditioner. I haven't used them yet so I don't know how well they work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the slate leather interior (first time with such a light colored leather). Has anyone experienced any color changes (ie, darkening) of the leather with use of leather conditioners / protectants ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was making a purchase from Bernardi Acura so I bought some Acura leather cleaner as well as the leather conditioner. I haven't used them yet so I don't know how well they work.
This is all I use on my Honda and Acura cars in the past. I usually go and purchase it at a Honda dealership because its cheaper than Acura dealership. I love the products.

I read on another site about Gliptone from Europe (?). I can't remember why I stopped using it for my car but now I only use it for my leather sofa etc.
http://www.amazon.com/Gliptone-Leather-Cleaner-8-oz/dp/B0007N20V2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443574878&sr=8-1&keywords=gliptone

·
Registered
6 Posts
I paid my Acura dealer for 5-year paint and leather protection (along with the extended warranty) when I bought the car last month. Didn't want to worry over spills and messes in the car. Let's see how this works out!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Einzett Cockpit premium for dash and plastics

Lexol cleaner and conditioner for leather
then top it off with a bit of Zaino Z10 Leather in a Bottle for an extra layer of conditioning and that awesome smell

1 - 20 of 30 Posts