Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! What a story! I sat riveted to my seat as I read this message a few minutes ago online. Thank God everyone is okay.

On the lighter side, it was nice of him to perform the crash test. :)

Purchased my TLX today. Worst timing ever.

I decided that it was time to purchase a TLX last week after touring one at my local Acura dealer. I loved the value it presented at just above $30,000. I have not seen a value like this since the third generation TL arrived back in 2003. I am personally not a fan of black cars because the finishes are difficult to maintain, and I keep my vehicles for years. I love silver, but I wanted to try something different, so I decided to purchase it in white with expresso. Fantastic combination. It was, hence was, a 2.4 with tech. I was sitting at a light in my newly purchased TLX five minutes after leaving the dealer when things ran astray. I spotted a BMW 3-series in the opposite oncoming lane. Something was wrong though because both lanes were red and it was going around 40 MPH in close vicinity to the light. It entered the traffic lane, swerved, and began to head right towards me. No time to make any choice. I had no where to go being surrounded on the left, right, and rear. In addition, traffic was moving in the lane crossing the intersection (in front). I knew it was coming, so I slammed the car into park and held tightly onto the steering wheel. As the BMW moved closer, I felt a tear roll down my face because I thought it might all be over. I didn't want to cause an accident by entering the middle of the road, so I had no choice but to wait for the impact. It was like a murderer pointing a gun at you, but you are waiting to hear the shot. I attempted to loosen up, and within the most intense five seconds of my life, I realized I should have just left the dealer with my newly exchanged brake fluid on my 04 TL a week ago and forgotten about the TLX. My eyes were open when something so strange happened. I remember an Acura commercial back in 90's and one back in 07 about being in the front seat as an airbag deployed. Everything slowed down, including the Lana Del Ray playing on the radio, and I felt the airbag like a light pillow. Then boom. Being confined in the car and having no idea how much time had passed (or if I was actually dead), I opened the door and rolled onto the ground incredibly confused. Is this a dream? Lana was still singing. It turned out a sixteen year old was texting and driving when she hit me. We both survived. I was in complete shock, so I didn't even take pictures. Funny thing is that was the first thing on my mind. "Thank god for comprehensive, and what is my agent's number?" No injuries, clear X-rays, but I still cannot believe this happened. You never know when your ticket will get punched. This is my first accident at thirty. The TLX saved my life, so regardless of its looks and what not, it is a safe **** vehicle. Probably totaled.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thank gosh you are okay. Teens and their texting while driving. It's sooooo dangerous. I bet you the girl that crashed into you is more shaken up about it than you are.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank gosh you are okay. Teens and their texting while driving. It's sooooo dangerous. I bet you the girl that crashed into you is more shaken up about it than you are.
No, it wasn't me. I was just relaying the story. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Whats unfortunate is incidents like this simply lend credence to the cacophony calling for full autonomy. Instead of fixing the issues we install a patch fix layer which then will surely call for another patch fix down the line adding yet another layer when we could of avoided the entire mess by teaching people to own their actions, completely present in the PRESENT.

Pardon my ramble, but this just really strikes a nerve with me. Glad the man is ok, whats his fix on a new TLX?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cell phone and texting

This is getting to be a plague. Thank goodness for Honda/Acura ACE system. See what happen to my wife 10 years ago with my brand new TSX that was 2 weeks old then. Nothing to do with texting or cell phone. A driver coming towards her lost control of his camping trailer that ended up sideways in front of my wife's car. No chance to brake or avoid and they were both coming towards each other at over 100 km/k each. Believe or not my wife came out of it without a scratch.

:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is getting to be a plague. Thank goodness for Honda/Acura ACE system. See what happen to my wife 10 years ago with my brand new TSX that was 2 weeks old then. Nothing to do with texting or cell phone. A driver coming towards her lost control of his camping trailer that ended up sideways in front of my wife's car. No chance to brake or avoid and they were both coming towards each other at over 100 km/k each. Believe or not my wife came out of it without a scratch.

:eek:
Check out the video that shows how the 2015 TLX is even better in a crash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOSTJzDD-FU

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had seen this video previously but I am glad you posted the link for others to see. It is very impressive and does make you feel secure inside the car knowing this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.