·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone know how to remove the silver vent trim? I want it painted black chrome. Acura should have turned all the silver trims to black chrome. The reflection does distract me when i am driving. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone know how to remove the silver vent trim? I want it painted black chrome. Acura should have turned all the silver trims to black chrome. The reflection does distract me when i am driving. Anyone else have this issue?
I have heard a lot of people complain about it here and in other forums. I was happy to see it mentioned in the One-Pack.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Finally had a chance last night to watch it - thank you Summest !

I am not sure I would like to have one vent with and one without the chrome trim, I like symmetry. If I am not mistaken, they say it is a costumer's choice to purchase the replacement so no recall.
I was surprised when the lady mentioned that they didn't really have a good understanding of the DCT tranny issue although she mentioned input from social media. I think it has been pretty well described, even on this forum alone and in a very consistent way so I am not sure why she makes such a statement.
I like the concept of a On-Pack Hero, I think we should establish smth like that over here as well - I nominate Summest and theSodfather :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
They should nominate tlxforums as a onepack hero lol

Reactions: Summest

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally had a chance last night to watch it - thank you Summest !

I am not sure I would like to have one vent with and one without the chrome trim, I like symmetry. If I am not mistaken, they say it is a costumer's choice to purchase the replacement so no recall.
I was surprised when the lady mentioned that they didn't really have a good understanding of the DCT tranny issue although she mentioned input from social media. I think it has been pretty well described, even on this forum alone and in a very consistent way so I am not sure why she makes such a statement.
I like the concept of a On-Pack Hero, I think we should establish smth like that over here as well - I nominate Summest and theSodfather :)
I thought Acura should offer to pay for the vent on both sides, if it bothered the driver.

I was also surprised by the lack of details she said she has received. Can someone forward our forum link to her? I don't know her address.

Thanks for the nomination, but I am happy to be a super moderator and seek no higher office or responsibility, but thanks for the kind words. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
How do you tell them about issues you are having with your car? Does it have to go through the dealer? I'd like to give them my DCT story!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Acura Client Relations

How do you tell them about issues you are having with your car? Does it have to go through the dealer? I'd like to give them my DCT story!
Only way I know of. If there is another method available, please post.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I thought Acura should offer to pay for the vent on both sides, if it bothered the driver.[/I] :)
Well, she clearly says that "clients can purchase and install this part to reduce the reflection"
I didn't really pay attention to this thing but now since I know it, it bothers me and on both sides :)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I didn't really pay attention to this thing but now since I know it, it bothers me and on both sides :)
I wonder what the costs are with installation.

I see it but I can learn to live with it. :)

I heard her say that as well, but I think Acura should pay for it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Agree.

I think I am just going to wait for a few more "imperfections", sum them up and let them face the music in a single visit with the tranny issue, crazy wipers, reflecting vents and whatever lies ahead. Then, I hope they will not even ask for the $$ :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Everyday we are finding out more wrong things with it than cool things with it. "Shakes my head", not exactly my idea of "Thrill"

·
Registered
438 Posts
well overall i am pretty happy with my v6 SH-AWD. there are some issues but none are fatally bad and are stuff that i can put up with (idle stop and brake hold default settings not adjustable by user, unable to play super long mp3 files)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ooh yah break hold settings would be nice. We currently have to remember to press the button everyday before we drive to prevent the Dct transmission from rolling back into something or someone

1 - 16 of 16 Posts