Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased tlx i4 tech bout a month ago and love the car. I have always wanted an Acura and finally had the opportunity to get one so I jumped on the tlx. I love the car, copper pearl with espresso interior; car looks real sharp.
I just scheduled a service appointment for the following problems: Emissions problem indicator is on, electronic parking brake problem indicator is on, The wipers go bat-**** crazy in misty drizzle rain and pretty much dont work as intended in downpours. These items don't concern me which they are probably easy fixes.
Interesting however is the tranny is doing everything described in other posts here on the forum. The 4 second delay from reverse to drive is annoying, and the loud clunk sound the tranny makes when its not catching the gears as it should is peeing me off.
I really love this car but I am now afraid of the amount of time I think this car is gonna be in the shop (now and in the future). I don't lease cars I buy them so I was really looking forward to this car being my long term vehicle. Now I have to wonder if this transmission is gonna cost me dearly once the warranty has expired.
This car has 2400 miles on it and mostly drives highway miles. Bumper to bumper traffic in this car is awful only because of the way the tranny is shifting. I'm concerned that Acura does not have a solution to this yet. Sry for beating a dead horse with another tranny post but I figured Id post it so new buyers can see the number of different complaints on the tlx's transmission. Other than that I love this car and hope that these problems can be fixed. If not, I will pursue the very good lemon law that Massachusetts has in place.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Purchased tlx i4 tech bout a month ago and love the car. I have always wanted an Acura and finally had the opportunity to get one so I jumped on the tlx. I love the car, copper pearl with espresso interior; car looks real sharp.
I just scheduled a service appointment for the following problems: Emissions problem indicator is on, electronic parking brake problem indicator is on, The wipers go bat-**** crazy in misty drizzle rain and pretty much dont work as intended in downpours. These items don't concern me which they are probably easy fixes.
Interesting however is the tranny is doing everything described in other posts here on the forum. The 4 second delay from reverse to drive is annoying, and the loud clunk sound the tranny makes when its not catching the gears as it should is peeing me off.
I really love this car but I am now afraid of the amount of time I think this car is gonna be in the shop (now and in the future). I don't lease cars I buy them so I was really looking forward to this car being my long term vehicle. Now I have to wonder if this transmission is gonna cost me dearly once the warranty has expired.
This car has 2400 miles on it and mostly drives highway miles. Bumper to bumper traffic in this car is awful only because of the way the tranny is shifting. I'm concerned that Acura does not have a solution to this yet. Sry for beating a dead horse with another tranny post but I figured Id post it so new buyers can see the number of different complaints on the tlx's transmission. Other than that I love this car and hope that these problems can be fixed. If not, I will pursue the very good lemon law that Massachusetts has in place.
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

Sorry to hear of the bad news. One of your issues is identical to what I experienced. I documented it under problems on this forum. The same indicators came on twice, two weeks apart. The first time Acura reset them. The second time Acura replaced the fuel filler assembly. Apparently that was the issue because I haven't been back to the dealer since.

Can't help you with the other issues. So far my transmission is working fine. Wipers are okay, but sometimes I just manually use them.

Since this car has so much new technology I decided to lease. I wasn't sure how it would hold up over three years. I really enjoy driving the car, now that I no longer see any issues. I am just waiting on seeing a problem with my tranny. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hope it works out for you. I have had no luck in getting the tranny fixed. I WANT to love this car, but for the price, it's a shame they couldn't engineer a decent transmission. I leased mine and am hoping to be able to get out of it. It just irritates me every time I drive it around town! I wish you the best. That copper coler is really cool!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts