Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again, I have another question.I drive the expressway to work every day about 18 miles each way.I have had my TLX for 2 weeks now and I love driving it.The problem is that many large semis drive the same road. I already have a couple small chips on the front end. So I called the dealer to ask if they make nose masks or bras for the front of my TLX.They said no, but we have a company that can put a thick clear plastic fitted to the front of the TLX.Cost of this is $1100.I thought about it , but that is too costly. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bobbo1234 Portage In.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Shop around. The dealers typically will add some profit onto their end on top of what the shop charges to do the clear bar.

I had the silver grill of my TLX blacked-out. Its an option the dealer will do at a cost of $450. I had an independent shop do it for $100.

Same deal with window tints. A dealer might charge $650 (my dealer) while most shops might do it for half that.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have purchased 3 new cars in the last 3 years. All 3 managed to get a chip or two from rocks within 2 weeks.

I didn't want to spend the money on the clear film protectant, and I don't like what it can look like after a few years. I found Dr. ColorChip works great for easy, at home repairs. (drcolorchip.com)

Depending on the color, sometimes you can't even tell there was a chip in the paint. SO much better than dealer touch up paint. And the colors are the exact dealer installed color.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Thanks for the product info Wes. I'll definitely look into it if.....no....when I get a chip or two. It certainly looks easy enough to do.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thank you, Wes!

Thanks for the recommendation.
Just ordered a kit for my wife's 2011 Pilot.

(This may just help me get out of the dog house.........woof)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi again, I have another question.I drive the expressway to work every day about 18 miles each way.I have had my TLX for 2 weeks now and I love driving it.The problem is that many large semis drive the same road. I already have a couple small chips on the front end. So I called the dealer to ask if they make nose masks or bras for the front of my TLX.They said no, but we have a company that can put a thick clear plastic fitted to the front of the TLX.Cost of this is $1100.I thought about it , but that is too costly. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bobbo1234 Portage In.
Welcome to the Forum! Sorry I missed your first posts yesterday.

I have a couple of good dings on my hood as well. Seems the paint is awfully thin on the TLX. A couple nicks actually scratched down the metal. Didn't have this issue on the TSXs.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
My 2013 Honda was the same. The paint chipped really easy. It could be the more environmentally friendly paint they're using now. It seems to be extremely soft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts