Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was browsing back in March researching cars to replace my leased MB C350 coupe 4WD. Started looking at the TLX and was surprised to find the V6 SH AWD was far more comfortable, roomier, more affordable, and had similar performance. What cinched the deal was the quiet smooth ride. So I then decided to visit the web again, and I learn about the 9 speed transmission problems and slow shifts. Undaunted, I checked TLX forums and discovered the excellent article written by an engineer (ZF's 9-Speed 9HP Transmission Puts Dog Clutches On The Leash - The Truth About Cars)
explaining why the trans behaves like it does. Confident in Acura's reputation, I took delivery of my Black Copper Pearl TLX SH AWD with Tech package in May. I am now very comfortable with the car and have decided the best IDS setting for me is Sport. I can downshift manually past the slow transition between 5th and 4th as I slow down to enter a highway and I can easily fly to the posted speed limit. Of course, no car is perfect, and there are a few nit-picky things I don't like, but overall, it is a very competent car.
I look forward to communicating with you.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome!

As for driving within the posted speed limit, I found that it took me a good few hours of driving to get a feel for what it's like at various speeds, to the point i don't have to look at the speedo to know if im speeding by a lot or not.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey everyone, I was browsing back in March researching cars to replace my leased MB C350 coupe 4WD. Started looking at the TLX and was surprised to find the V6 SH AWD was far more comfortable, roomier, more affordable, and had similar performance. What cinched the deal was the quiet smooth ride. So I then decided to visit the web again, and I learn about the 9 speed transmission problems and slow shifts. Undaunted, I checked TLX forums and discovered the excellent article written by an engineer (ZF's 9-Speed 9HP Transmission Puts Dog Clutches On The Leash - The Truth About Cars)
explaining why the trans behaves like it does. Confident in Acura's reputation, I took delivery of my Black Copper Pearl TLX SH AWD with Tech package in May. I am now very comfortable with the car and have decided the best IDS setting for me is Sport. I can downshift manually past the slow transition between 5th and 4th as I slow down to enter a highway and I can easily fly to the posted speed limit. Of course, no car is perfect, and there are a few nit-picky things I don't like, but overall, it is a very competent car.
Welcome to the forum.:)
Graphite Luster with black interior is a much better color choice.>:D
I have the AWS advance trim and love it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to enjoy it much because I seem to live in the middle of an ocean of cone zones. No doubt when they are gone the roads will be covered with snow. ::crying::
With the AWS I have not had to experience the annoyance that some of our members have reported with engine shutdown at stops. ;)
I agree with you that the best IDS I have used is Sport.:D

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

[edited for space]
Confident in Acura's reputation, I took delivery of my Black Copper Pearl TLX SH AWD with Tech package in May. I am now very comfortable with the car and have decided the best IDS setting for me is Sport. I can downshift manually past the slow transition between 5th and 4th as I slow down to enter a highway and I can easily fly to the posted speed limit. Of course, no car is perfect, and there are a few nit-picky things I don't like, but overall, it is a very competent car.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post is a happy one. :)

It's always good to see first posts that are positive.

I agree. It's Sport mode for me, all the time.

Looking forward to hearing more of your insights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts