Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just under 45,000 miles for 20,000 dollars...just looking for some opinions on if it was a good purchase or not? also if i should be aware of any future issues with the car...thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would just check your serial number and make sure all the recalls have been taken care of. Also, if you are experiencing the jerk on acceleration there is a new Acura bulletin for that, bulletin TSB 20-015. I have the 2015 V6 Tech and love my car. Most questions you have about the vehicle you can search this site and find the answers. Welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would just check your serial number and make sure all the recalls have been taken care of. Also, if you are experiencing the jerk on acceleration there is a new Acura bulletin for that, bulletin TSB 20-015. I have the 2015 V6 Tech and love my car. Most questions you have about the vehicle you can search this site and find the answers. Welcome!
Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 TLX, 3.5L, Tech package, Modern steel metallic
20 Posts
GG2 is spot on with her recommendations. However, you might take it one step further and get a "CarFax" type of report to see what else you can determine about the car's history (maintenance, recalls, accidents, etc). You may already have some of the history, but the more you know, the easier it will be to anticipate any future issues and/or expenditures.

I recently traded in a TL for my current TLX. I provided the dealer with complete maintenance and accessories receipts. Many years ago I had some NIASE certifications (present day ASE) so I've done my own maintenance for years. The downside with my approach is that the maintenance records aren't in the Honda/Acura database. To address this I use a simple Excel spreadsheet detailing What service/purchase, When it was done (date & mileage) and backed by the actual receipt for the parts (oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter, hood struts, navigation update DVD, etc). My system isn't perfect, but it can give a potential buyer some level of confidence that the car was well maintained. Another way of saying it... No records = no confidence... no confidence = Buyer Beware!!

Enjoy your new car!

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
just under 45,000 miles for 20,000 dollars...just looking for some opinions on if it was a good purchase or not? also if i should be aware of any future issues with the car...thanks
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your TLX!

Reactions: ljmjr

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sounds like you got a very good deal, the Advance options added cost of over $7,000 new. About $42,000.
I purchased my 2015 advance 3 months ago for $15,800 with 84K miles on the clock, it runs perfect. The only maintenance I had done so far is a transmission fluid change, there was no record of this being done. The TLX is a great car.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
It sounds like you got a very good deal, the Advance options added cost of over $7,000 new. About $42,000.
I purchased my 2015 advance 3 months ago for $15,800 with 84K miles on the clock, it runs perfect. The only maintenance I had done so far is a transmission fluid change, there was no record of this being done. The TLX is a great car.
Nice looking car - love that color and wish they would bring it back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts