Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, guys!
I found this forum when surfing internet for any news, forums and site about TLX. Hope to find and share something useful with you. I bought my TLX in mid February in Moscow, Russia but I live in another country, Kazakhstan (hope at least someone heard about it ). Previously I owned TSX 2008 which I bought through American auction, and was and is still happy with these cars.
We've got similar sites as well but unfortunately Acura brend has come to our market only last year, in April 2014, and TLX sales started in October 2014. So, there are not so many owners here yet and I'd like to know and share more about this beautiful car and follow the others' owners cars, how their cars get stylish, modified and etc..)
Hope you could read my story and let me join your club)

BTW, my name is Yuriy
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations! Great introduction and very nice pics! Sharp looking car and nice scenery. Hope to read much more from you.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Welcome.
I appears like you have the V6 PAWS Advance package.
What additional options came on your car in Russia?
USA v. Canada we have differences such as:
Heated Windscreen (USA: no, CA: yes)
Heated Rear Seats (USA: no, CA: yes)
Headlamp washers (USA: no, CA: yes)
Rear door lock button (USA: no, CA: yes)

As I write the above, how did Canada get all the goodies?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Cool to have someone from Kazakhstan. I have heard of it, but don't know too much.

Must be cool to have one of the only Acuras in the country though.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Welcome.

Probably to justify the difference in price.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Hi, guys!
I found this forum when surfing internet for any news, forums and site about TLX. Hope to find and share something useful with you.
Hope you could read my story and let me join your club)

BTW, my name is Yuriy
Cheers
Hello Yuriy and welcome.

I saw your other post first, but still you are very welcome to be part of our group.

I have heard of your country, but I have never been there. The closest I have been is Estonia. You'll have to share how life with your TLX is there.

Hopefully the site and its members can help you find out all about your TLX. You might even find things to know that we missed or are completely different.

Thanks for the introduction and thanks for sharing your photos.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome.

Probably yes, I didn't compare it with Canadian packs, just run through american official site. Yes we have also headlamp washers, and rear door lock buttons on both front door handles. As I mentioned in another thread we have spare tire already in stock. But all cars supplied to Russian sales office have only black or beige interior. As I understand there's also gray and brown color available. That's what I remembered now:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool to have someone from Kazakhstan. I have heard of it, but don't know too much.

Must be cool to have one of the only Acuras in the country though.

Welcome to the forum!
Hi,
nice to know that someone from your side heard of my country) In fact, we have some US oil and some other companies operating here, so that many people (and me personally) speak English more or less well))
I have also Acura TSX 2008 which I bought in 2011 in US auction aswell) And here we have definitely more TSXs than one. The same can tell you about TLX. Not sure how many in whole country but one my friend already saw white TLX in my town). But anyway it's really cool to have rare brand car, people break their necks when turning to see what passing through:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kazakhstan?! Thats a real place?
Ah-aha, you make me smile) Of course it's real, and please don't mix it with those once ending with "-stan" in it's name.) We have nothing to do with Pakistan, Afganistan or other stan in Asia) My country was a part of ex-USSR, and after 1991 we got independence.
If you;re really interested you may read some thing about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazakhstan
In one word, if you read this wiki extract I hope you understand how bad your geography knowledge is..(kidding:)): Kazakhstan is the world's largest landlocked country by land area and the ninth largest country in the world; its territory of 2,724,900 square kilometres (1,052,100 sq mi) is larger than Western Europe.
Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ok. Now that you've started this it's going to go for awhile.

Acura in Kazakstan =

To be honest the picture you attached hurts because in fact everything what was shown in this idiotic movie is a bullshit and blazing lie! Kazakh people look completely different of what was filmed there. And it was shot in Romania by the way! I would suggest you to read some info and look real photos of my country but not to make conclusions of whole country by means of one cheap, stupid and perverted movie.
As for Acura new market you're right. Actually Acura promised to come to our market some years ago but only last year did it. And I'm sure they time failed because such brands as Lexus and Infiniti came officially long time ago and already gained good reputation and lots of fans and votaries. That's why it will be difficult for Acura now to compete here, lots of people even never saw that logo and sometimes asked me "is that a Chinese car?" :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kind of sounds like they are suffering from the same thing that happens around here after turkey dinner.
I've read one article about it recently. In fact it is still not clear what the real reason was. And uranium is not a reason, uranium mines probably could lead to it and as they said they were built using big amount of wood for construction works, different pallets, trays, racks and etc. Later when the mine was killed it was filled with water and due to contact of wood and water carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons began to form and release outside. This is one part of illness. Another part is that they suppose there's low oxygen content in that place and these three factors played bad thing together. Or maybe meteorological conditions with seasonal changes could also affect people.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've read one article about it recently. In fact it is still not clear what the real reason was. And uranium is not a reason, uranium mines probably could lead to it and as they said they were built using big amount of wood for construction works, different pallets, trays, racks and etc. Later when the mine was killed it was filled with water and due to contact of wood and water carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons began to form and release outside. This is one part of illness. Another part is that they suppose there's low oxygen content in that place and these three factors played bad thing together. Or maybe meteorological conditions with seasonal changes could also affect people.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
To be honest the picture you attached hurts because in fact everything what was shown in this idiotic movie is a bullshit and blazing lie! Kazakh people look completely different of what was filmed there. And it was shot in Romania by the way! I would suggest you to read some info and look real photos of my country but not to make conclusions of whole country by means of one cheap, stupid and perverted movie.
As for Acura new market you're right. Actually Acura promised to come to our market some years ago but only last year did it. And I'm sure they time failed because such brands as Lexus and Infiniti came officially long time ago and already gained good reputation and lots of fans and votaries. That's why it will be difficult for Acura now to compete here, lots of people even never saw that logo and sometimes asked me "is that a Chinese car?" :)

I apologize if I've offended you by posting that picture. I wasn't implying that the Borat movie was reflective of your country. I am smart enough to know that it wasn't based on fact. It was a funny movie though. I was more implying that it was good news that Acura was selling cars there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I apologize if I've offended you by posting that picture. I wasn't implying that the Borat movie was reflective of your country. I am smart enough to know that it wasn't based on fact. It was a funny movie though. I was more implying that it was good news that Acura was selling cars there.
Ok man, I'm glad you understand that it was stupid mockery. Yes funny, but most people who don't know real things may think it's true and believe me there are millions of such people.
Anyway, this thread is about our cars and I'm sure we can be on the same wave;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome.

I've read some threads here and discovered smth that I suppose we do not have here. I'm talking about packages, engines and etc. For instance, here you can buy FWD car only with 2.4 engine. And vice versa AWD goes only with 3.5 litre, you can't buy 3.5l FWD or 2.4l AWD. And we have two packages to choose, Techno or Advanced. Before I also already mentioned yesterday, that only two interior colors available, black or beige. Do you have the same configurations over there or smth different?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts