Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought the above - Black Copper Pearl/Ebony. Now I am dying to get it...! :)

Still need to deal with the Goodyear tire issue - not sure if they will give me what I want from the all-season perspective; and still have to tackle the winter tire issue next.

I'm awaiting delivery info, but I suspect the pending V6 Park "stop sale: recall will have an impact. I will advise when I hear more from my dealer.

I appreciate everyone's help on this forum as it aids in selection. It is now going to aid in Operation too, no doubt.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought the above - Black Copper Pearl/Ebony. Now I am dying to get it...! :)
Congratulations! Hopefully you will get the next revision already to go home when it gets to you.:)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope so too. They were going to check dealers around Toronto tomorrow, or else it will be a factory order.

I almost bought Basque, given your photo(s) Summest. But the shades of BCP interested me, once the sun comes out in late February...

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Hope so too. They were going to check dealers around Toronto tomorrow, or else it will be a factory order.

I almost bought Basque, given your photo(s) Summest. But the shades of BCP interested me, once the sun comes out in late February...
BCP was a second choice of mine. If it was a shade or two lighter, I would have definitely went BCP. It's a pretty color in the light of day. Good luck with it when you get it. Unfortunately, now is the difficult part - Waiting. I hope you don't have to wait too long. :)

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride. Keep us updated on how long it takes to get the car....and pictures too of course.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congratulations on your TLX. The wait is definitely tough. I only waited for 3 weeks, but even that was hard. Hopefully your wait will not be too bad. Again, nice to see new GTA owners. :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and selection of the best colour. Hopefully the wait will not be too long.

You should be planning to drive off the lot with winter tires installed. As you you are planning to get rid of the Goodyear have you considered putting on Nokian All Weather tires? They are good for all conditions, summer or winter, and it would mean not having to get a second set of wheels and the twice per year change over. If you are thinking of a second set of wheels, I have some brand new set of 17" alloys in black that fit the car and are for sale.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Did they at least mention around when you can expect to get delivery information?
Interested in hearing how you like the AWD setup once you take delivery and get to drive it around enough.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No info yet but i am expecting a call by Wednesday hopefully. I will be following up then as they originally thought they coul find one by this weekend.

We will see what impact the tranny recall/stop sale has. I will post as doon as i get more details.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dealer called me today, and i am picking up the SH-AWD Monday afternoon. They found one outside the GTA. I am told it's not affected by the Transmission hold (based on VIN #) but I am going to check anyway.

So delivery was essentially 1 week - bought on the Saturday, receiving a week Monday.Perhaps pre-Christmas is a good time to buy?

TLX2014 - TY for the offer; I am driving off the lot with Winters..have to delay the fun driving until April/March/May. Also negotiating the replacement of the Goodyear's; but wont see them until the spring obviously.

Impressions and Tire info to follow!

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
That wasn't a long wait at all. Sounds like they are easier to find depending maybe on the region by the sounds of it. Let us know what you think of the car when you get it....and pictures too of course.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It might have been timing. I saw on another post there was a late November shawd prodction run, so i may have lucked out

·
Registered
5 Posts

Still need to deal with the Goodyear tire issue - not sure if they will give me what I want from the all-season perspective; and still have to tackle the winter tire issue next.

I'm awaiting delivery info, but I suspect the pending V6 Park "stop sale: recall will have an impact. I will advise when I hear more from my dealer.

I appreciate everyone's help on this forum as it aids in selection. It is now going to aid in Operation too, no doubt.
I have had the same vehicle for 3 weeks and am delighted so far except for persistent "thunk" in the windshield wipers. This may be a minor issue or could be my imagination given how quiet the care is. I came from a 2009 TL.

Concerning tires, my last two Acuras were an 04 with very bad Bridgetsones and the 098 with excellent Michelins. Before delivery, I knew that the Goodyears were a distinct possibility but my research gave me some comfort.

I did get the Goodyears and so far they have been great in even very heavy rain. Your current heavy snow in TO is another matter.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That wasn't a long wait at all. Sounds like they are easier to find depending maybe on the region by the sounds of it. Let us know what you think of the car when you get it....and pictures too of course.
Dealer called me today, and i am picking up the SH-AWD Monday afternoon. They found one outside the GTA. I am told it's not affected by the Transmission hold (based on VIN #) but I am going to check anyway.

So delivery was essentially 1 week - bought on the Saturday, receiving a week Monday.Perhaps pre-Christmas is a good time to buy?
Psst!! Spy photos of my (not allowed to sell to me::crying:: TLX). Car was ordered end of August, built October 31 (daughter calls it my Dracura). Hope they get a fix for the transmission problem soon.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Psst!! Spy photos of my (not allowed to sell to me::crying:: TLX). Car was ordered end of August, built October 31 (daughter calls it my Dracura). Hope they get a fix for the transmission problem soon.
Wow. That is so sad. :(

So close to being yours. The wait was terrible enough. I cannot imagine what you are going through. Best of luck. :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Car was ordered end of August, built October 31 (daughter calls it my Dracura). Hope they get a fix for the transmission problem soon.
Here is a positive spin; the longer they have it is the less time that it will have to be on the road during winter, and the less chance of some clown skidding and sliding in to you. OK, that is hardly any consolation, but I had to try.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Omg that must be frustrating. I assume you have it since it was built 6 weeks ago? My contract has a 3 month delivery deal or you can terminate the contract...but who wants to do that.

Sometimes timing is everything, given the high demand in August and September. Trim and colour are part of the supply-demand challenges for sure!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Omg that must be frustrating. I assume you have it since it was built 6 weeks ago? My contract has a 3 month delivery deal or you can terminate the contract...but who wants to do that.

Sometimes timing is everything, given the high demand in August and September. Trim and colour are part of the supply-demand challenges for sure!
Took 4 weeks to get here and arrived on the day that Acura issued the Stop Sell order. Playing with all the new technology (I'm coming from a 2003TL) will have to wait for a few more weeks. Looks like I may get a 2015 in 2015.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.