Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acuras breakthrough in design language recently has been the Jewel Eye headlights. They add quite an interesting road presence to Acura vehicles. Im really excited to see them on the TLX.

For those of you not familiar with Jewel Eyes heres a quick run down and video.

• Ten light sources
  • 20 beams of light, each one precisely focused
  • Shine further
  • Brighter
  • Whiter
  • Even distribution

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah the LED headlights are amazing, one of the things I really like about the RLX. I bet the whole headlight setup is super expensive, easily $2000 a set.

·
Registered
727 Posts
the 2014 accord is getting a LED headlight setup, now I think we can be 100% the TLX will get them too.....in specific trims of course.

·
Registered
339 Posts
considering the MDX got them I can see the TLX getting them as well. This could very well become a trademark Acura feature.

I have yet to see the performance of the RLX headlights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
considering the MDX got them I can see the TLX getting them as well. This could very well become a trademark Acura feature.

I have yet to see the performance of the RLX headlights.
it already seems to be an Acura model wide feature, it's even making it's way down to Honda. I know the new Accord Hybrid gets LED headlights.

I think the only car that's missing is the ILX, maybe it will get them as an option on a mid-cycle refresh?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think all future Acura vehicles will have the jewel eye
I think the Jewel eye headlight system will stay within the RLX range for now considering how much the system goes for. It will be ing the premium line up.

But you never know just takes time for a feature like that to trickle down.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It is a bold look that people either love or hate. I think it would make a great trademark feature for Acura. They should roll it out to more models in the future. I certainly haven't seen a headlight like that on any other brands of vehicle.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is a bold look that people either love or hate. I think it would make a great trademark feature for Acura. They should roll it out to more models in the future. I certainly haven't seen a headlight like that on any other brands of vehicle.
but im sure youve seen something as unique. Audi was the first to debut the full LED headlight. Now everyone has it. Good on Acura for avoiding the hype and going their own route. TLX will definitely have Jewel Eyes, right now only the ILX doesnt have them...

·
Registered
727 Posts
there's no way it can be a trademark for Acura, this is like the new type of headlight setup for a lot of vehicles, it just happens that Acura is one of the first to use it. I think even Infiniti, Jaguar and BMW are slowly starting to use them.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there's no way it can be a trademark for Acura, this is like the new type of headlight setup for a lot of vehicles, it just happens that Acura is one of the first to use it. I think even Infiniti, Jaguar and BMW are slowly starting to use them.
LOL Acura created the Jewel Eyes, its their trademark... Alot of cars are coming out with LED headlights but no one is doing the Jewel Eyes, well Acura is ;) I wonder if the TLX will get Jewel Eye tail lights?

·
Registered
727 Posts
LOL Acura created the Jewel Eyes, its their trademark... Alot of cars are coming out with LED headlights but no one is doing the Jewel Eyes, well Acura is ;) I wonder if the TLX will get Jewel Eye tail lights?

"Jewel Eye" is their trademark, but in the end it's an LED headlight setup, which isn't unique to them at all. This is no different than what special names other car makers gave to their high end headlight setups from a year or 2 ago and even further back.

Jewel eye tail lights would be sweet! But I think they should start with keeping it more simple and just offering traditional full LED tail light, then make it more intricate

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Jewel Eye" is their trademark, but in the end it's an LED headlight setup, which isn't unique to them at all. This is no different than what special names other car makers gave to their high end headlight setups from a year or 2 ago and even further back.

Jewel eye tail lights would be sweet! But I think they should start with keeping it more simple and just offering traditional full LED tail light, then make it more intricate
how does that even make sense. So they should keep it simple yet also make sure its intricate???

LOL I prefer Jewel eyes to the stupid audi dotted line

Thats one way to make a relatively bland technology interesting... LEDs aren't going to be cool when Corollas start coming with them, Acura skipped the trend and created their own...

·
Registered
339 Posts
it seems like other manufacturers are following the Acura LED headlight design with the multiple projectors. I've seen it on some other concepts from other brands

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.