Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2015 TLX V-6 with the Tech Package. I purchased it in Mid August of 2014. I had not had any issues other than a sound coming from the front driver side. Today, I brought it in for the software update, the cross traffic monitoring recall, and to investigate the noise and they diagnosed the noise as the strut mount bolt and the strut tower bolt being loose (not sure how this happens, hope it is not an indication of things to come). They tightened the bolts, updated the software and sent me on my way. Here is what I don't understand........since the update, whenever I am slowing to a stop (about 10 MPH) the car jerks forward a bit. It definitely did NOT do this prior to the software update. According to what I have read online, it looks like others have had this same issue with the car jerking forward while stopping.

Could the software update cause this??

Thoughts?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello,

I have a 2015 TLX V-6 with the Tech Package. I purchased it in Mid August of 2014. I had not had any issues other than a sound coming from the front driver side. Today, I brought it in for the software update, the cross traffic monitoring recall, and to investigate the noise and they diagnosed the noise as the strut mount bolt and the strut tower bolt being loose (not sure how this happens, hope it is not an indication of things to come). They tightened the bolts, updated the software and sent me on my way. Here is what I don't understand........since the update, whenever I am slowing to a stop (about 10 MPH) the car jerks forward a bit. It definitely did NOT do this prior to the software update. According to what I have read online, it looks like others have had this same issue with the car jerking forward while stopping.

Could the software update cause this??

Thoughts?
Welcome to the Forum! I am glad to see you made your first post.

Sorry to hear about the transmission issues. Did you get the ECU update as well? I still have to make my first oil change visit. At that time, I was hoping to get the NAVi/ELS/HFL update but skip the ECU update. My car has no transmission issues, but it is a I4. I would hate to break my new, smooth driving TLX.
:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not get this ECU update. I have no idea what that is (I had to google it to know what you were talking about :)). There is a parking break recall that I have to go back for a they did not have parts for that in stock. When I go back in for that, I will have them look at this jerking forward. Maybe I will get lucky and it'll go away on it's own?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I did not get this ECU update. I have no idea what that is (I had to google it to know what you were talking about :)). There is a parking break recall that I have to go back for a they did not have parts for that in stock. When I go back in for that, I will have them look at this jerking forward. Maybe I will get lucky and it'll go away on it's own?
From what I have read, the ECU update fixes issues with the transmission gears. I don't know the specifics and it seems to be only offered at some dealers.

The software update listed on Acura Owners Site | Exclusive Knowledge, Service, & Benefits is for the ELS 10-speaker radio, Hands Free Link , Nav and Rear Cross Traffic Beep. I was under the belief that the software update only affected/fixed electronic issues of the aforementioned. I am hoping to steer clear of any tranmission adjustments I do not need.

:)

Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't have an answer or explanation for you regarding the jerkiness when slowing to a stop. But I will concur that it does happen from time to time, so you are not just imaging it. I will say that it is very disconcerting. It is almost as if the car is NOT braking, even though you are braking.

Doubtful that the dealer will even acknowledge it, because they will likely say "not noticed at this time".

Overall, as much as I want to love this car, there are so many quirky bugs that are ruining it for me. And this is just another one. This braking issue, jerky transmission shifts, not able to reply/call to text messages, chirping sounds at idle, auto seat adjustment not working, stereo sound issues, and of course the insane idle stop.

I understand that the first edition of a new model has its share of bugs, but I had a 09 TL and a 04 TL, both of which were the first edition of a redesign. Neither of them were as buggy as the 15 TLX. In fact, the 04 TL was probably the best car I ever had. The 09 was good, too, but didn't age as well as the 04. But this 15, I really wanted it to be amazing, and for the most part it is. But I think Acura rushed it out before it was done beta testing it.

Tons of great new technology, but doesn't always work as advertised! For 45k, this stuff should work!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Overall, as much as I want to love this car, there are so many quirky bugs that are ruining it for me. And this is just another one. This braking issue, jerky transmission shifts, not able to reply/call to text messages, chirping sounds at idle, auto seat adjustment not working, stereo sound issues, and of course the insane idle stop.
I do not doubt that you are experiencing all the above issues, but if you are only experiencing one or two then you should not get overly concerned about the other problems. These forums tend to be a filter where all the problems experienced are reported. And as you know, the idle stop is not a serviceable problem, and others have adjusted and manage it quite well.

It is inconvenient having to take the car in for service, but be firm in your dealing with them to at least have the problems that cannot be fixed at this time recorded for possible future warranty claims.

·
Registered
110 Posts
JUst a quick General quesiton, was the V6 tranny built by Honda or an outside company?
The 9AT transmission is made by ZF (ZF Friedrichshafen AG) in Gray Court, South Carolina. It is their model 9HP and is produced for the TLX and Range Rover vehicle applications. Chrysler purchased license from ZF to produce the 9HP and does so in their own transmission facilities for some of their vehicles.

ZF Friedrichshafen AG USA/Canada | ZF Transmissions Gray Court

ZF Friedrichshafen AG | 9-speed automatic transmission

·
Registered
105 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.