Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Acura survey in email yesterday and just finished it. Turns out it was JD power. I've owned 18 Honda/Acuras in my life, 12ish brand new and that's the first time I've ever taken a JD Powers survey for one. Good thing for Acura though, at 1100 miles I have absolutely no problems so it got a pure 10 of 10 rating. Also good that my computer has me registered at 30.3 mpg in those 1100 miles!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hmm...I am not getting any surveys...maybe I am blacklisted due to the less than perfect sale/delivery experience and being quite vocal about that :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
i still havent received my customer survey from acura yet

·
Registered
438 Posts
just got my JD power survey (but never got my dealership survey)

my comments are mostly good and outstanding. just whined about engine IDLE stop settings, cant play long MP3s when other cars do, and the leather seat quality

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the survey too. I mentioned the harsh 2-3 shift in the 9-speed tranny, the inconvenient seat heater control, the text sending feature that doesn't work, and a rattle (that I since have discovered was just the passenger seatbelt latch).

So it wasn't perfect, BUT I consider these things very minor and still love the car!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got a Acura survey in email yesterday and just finished it. Turns out it was JD power. I've owned 18 Honda/Acuras in my life, 12ish brand new and that's the first time I've ever taken a JD Powers survey for one. Good thing for Acura though, at 1100 miles I have absolutely no problems so it got a pure 10 of 10 rating. Also good that my computer has me registered at 30.3 mpg in those 1100 miles!
Considering they're taking feedback really early into the ownership process, if they don't already have plans for it, I think the should also do a follow up survey... a long-term overview.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just received my JD Powers survey in the e-mail today and completed it. Since I have only had the car about a month and only driven about 400 miles on it I didn't have anything bad to say about it. I have yet to experience any of the difficulties that some others have had. 0:)

The only issue so far is that the exterior is extremely dirty due to road salt, sand and other stuff caused by the winter weather. :( Hopefully I can give it a bath in a few days.

I just read in one of the other threads about the length of time it takes to update software. Bummer! I live about an hour one way from my Acura dealer. I see a loaner and two days worth of trips in my future when I have to update the software. :crying:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Picked up mine in early September. Haven't received a survey from either dealership or Acura. Hmmmmm....

·
Registered
144 Posts
I received a survey from Acura about my dealership experience within two weeks after taking delivery on the car. I have been dealing with the same dealership and same salesman since 2008 and have been very happy. Needless to say they got a good report card.:laugh:

The only downside is the hour commute and they have even volunteered to pick my car up and deliver it again for a slight charge.;). I don't mind the Starbucks coffee and wifi while I wait.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I received the Acura Survey shortly after I took delivery. Gave Acura a low score due to the 3 missed delivery dates and the poorly rated OEM tires. Received the JD Powers survey yesterday and rated the car a 10. I have been 100% satisfied with my SH-AWD Advance. A big improvement over my Lexus CT.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I received the Acura Survey shortly after I took delivery. Gave Acura a low score due to the 3 missed delivery dates and the poorly rated OEM tires. Received the JD Powers survey yesterday and rated the car a 10. I have been 100% satisfied with my SH-AWD Advance. A big improvement over my Lexus CT.
lol, im still contemplating if i should keep my CT or not (even though i have my TLX already), perhaps swap it with the new ILX

performance wise the CT suck but the things going for it is fuel economy in stop and go traffic, hatchback versatility, and IMO better street appeal.....so im still on the fence

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just received my JD Powers survey in the e-mail today and completed it. Since I have only had the car about a month and only driven about 400 miles on it I didn't have anything bad to say about it. I have yet to experience any of the difficulties that some others have had. 0:)
This is odd. They're supposed to time the survey to arrive three months after the car is registered. Any lag between when you bought the car and when you started driving it that would have confused them?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Latest JD Ower results are out

Here is Power's ranking and the number of flaws reported per 100 cars:

Kia 83
Porsche 84
Hyundai 92
Toyota 93
BMW 94
Chevrolet 95
Buick 96 (tie)
Lexus 96 (tie)
Lincoln 96 (tie)
Nissan 101
Ford 102
GMC 103 (tie)
Infiniti 103 (tie)
Volkwagen 104
INDUSTRY AVERAGE 105
Audi 110
Mercedes-Benz 111
Cadillac 112
Jeep 113
Ram 114
Chrysler 115
Mitsubishi 116
Dodge 117
Subaru 118
Honda 119
Acura 122
Scion 123
Jaguar 127 (tie)
Mazda 127 (tie)
Mini 127 (tie)
Land Rover 132
Volvo 152
Fiat 174
Smart 216

Honda and Acura didn't do very well, and only the Honda Accord made it to the top 3 in its model segment. I think this is a sign of a lot of premium vehicles rolling out half-baked features into their cars instead of fully developing them prior to release

Surprise! First non-luxury car brand ever now tops quality study

·
Registered
35 Posts
I received my survey a bit too early. I gave them all 10's. My mistake. I will never buy a first year model again. The dealer had to replace two bumpers under the hood, the gasket around the driver's side rear door had to be replaced because it wasn't installed properly, strap on trunk (boot) hinge broke, needs replaced, cover on door post, passenger side, coming loose and the dye is coming off of the passenger seat which may or may not be leather. This is all on a car that I have had for 11 months and it has 6694 miles.

I can agree with those who said that it is a fun car to drive and I like the electronics very much, but these items make it less desirable.

Consumers Report said the TLX was close to the bottom on owner satisfaction. According to the J.D. Powers ratings, I don't find this hard to believe. I expected a lot more from Acura.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Interesting note on this study is that it is an Initial Quality Study -- the first 90 days of ownership.

Goes without saying: Honda/Acura needs to work out some kinks. I'm sure transmission, vibration, rattles, and some interior QC are the major issues.

I will be interested to see the 3-5 year quality study results, especially the European manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Having had a few Hyundais over the past few years, 10 Genesis Coupe, 13 Genesis Coupe, Veloster Turbo and an Elantra, they were all great vehicles. The Gens both got a bit loose and rattle-ly after about 2 years. The VT and Elantra were both rock solid and very reliable. They make great vehicles compared to 10 years ago.

Kia has a RWD performance sedan coming out that really has my attention.

My TLX has 30k on it now without any minor issues that the dealer hasnt addressed under warranty. No complaints from me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Considering they're taking feedback really early into the ownership process, if they don't already have plans for it, I think the should also do a follow up survey... a long-term overview.
My thoughts exactly. I see some value in this "new owner" survey but not much. Th real value is in how the car performs at 100k miles.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
That review seems to be on par with other reviews I've read. I really don't mind the dual screens, and the summer/performance tires change the car quite a bit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts