Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Acura is opening a new boutique showroom at the corner of Whilshire and Robertson in Bev Hills, unfortunately Acura is still missing the point, its a product problem you have. Its not the real estate, its not a lack of LEDs, its the fecking product. shiny farkles on an accord is not going to distract us from the fact that its an accord.

save your money boys...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I mean that is partly because it is so in your face and obvious. Making a better buying experience is important, but I agree that Acura needs to focus on revamping its design language before it starts worrying about how nice its showrooms are.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I mean that is partly because it is so in your face and obvious. Making a better buying experience is important, but I agree that Acura needs to focus on revamping its design language before it starts worrying about how nice its showrooms are.
This is true. Even if their show rooms look old but the vehicle they sell are amazing, i doubt people would care, people are their to buy cars, not to take in the dealership experience, at least not at this stage.

·
Registered
339 Posts
the showrooms do help a bit

its like Apple showrooms

They make em nice and purdy and people come to buy them

Truth is that Apple products arent all that much better than the competition

IN some cases even worse.

·
Registered
430 Posts
the showrooms do help a bit

its like Apple showrooms

They make em nice and purdy and people come to buy them

Truth is that Apple products arent all that much better than the competition

IN some cases even worse.
perhaps from a hardcore technical standpoint you're right. But from the stand point of what people want, well people want apples. So they could sell them out of a shoe box in harlem and people would still queue for them.

Oh and reading the OP, hes not talking about the Accord vs the TLX whats being said is that no shiny new show room is going to distract people from seeing that TLX is an accord in fancy clothes...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Show rooms help, but if they vehicles are no different, then what good will that really do. They're better off working on the vehicles first, or if they can work on both at the same time... do it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The dealership experience does factor into buying decisions. BMW is revamping their entire dealership plan, and while I don't think that people decide to buy a car because of the dealership it is in, I do think that you are not really buying a car, you are buying a brand. That means that from the car to the dealership to the advertising campaign, there needs to be a consistent connection with the consumer. Having just one part of that off just invites criticism and damages the message and brand idea that you are trying to convey.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The dealership experience does factor into buying decisions. BMW is revamping their entire dealership plan, and while I don't think that people decide to buy a car because of the dealership it is in, I do think that you are not really buying a car, you are buying a brand. That means that from the car to the dealership to the advertising campaign, there needs to be a consistent connection with the consumer. Having just one part of that off just invites criticism and damages the message and brand idea that you are trying to convey.
you're absolutely right, but dont ever forget that the core pillar brand stands on is PRODUCT. Plain and simple, product dictates the brand no matter what, no product, no brand, bad product, bad brand...

Dealership experience and all that is secondary to the product. The salesman/woman could oblige you with a reach around and it still wouldn't change the product...

You ever notice how good products sell themselves? Theres a reason for that...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think the current version of the TL does a very good job at differentiating itself from the Accord. That would be like saying the A4 is a fancy Jetta. Id say they look different enough.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I wonder what a car like the NSX looks like in an outdated Acura dealership though. Something is lost if the vehicle isn't displayed in the right setting. It's like buying expensive clothes from a ugly little store. The clothes just don't look as nice when they aren't displayed in the right setting. Regardless of how good Acura's products are, Acura wants to make their products look like the best versions of themselves. I think that is the main goal here.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I wonder what a car like the NSX looks like in an outdated Acura dealership though. Something is lost if the vehicle isn't displayed in the right setting. It's like buying expensive clothes from a ugly little store. The clothes just don't look as nice when they aren't displayed in the right setting. Regardless of how good Acura's products are, Acura wants to make their products look like the best versions of themselves. I think that is the main goal here.
yea but have you considered the alternative? Would you buy a cheap product in an expensive setting, would you buy a Lada just because it was sold in a Rolls Royce dealership. I stand by what I said earlier. Good product sells itself regardless of environment.

·
Registered
727 Posts
it does

but having a nice dealership to hang around in doesnt hurt either
That is true, it makes a difference, it complements the whole experience of owning an Acura or even going through the process of owning one, but I still believe in having a strong product over it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
it does

but having a nice dealership to hang around in doesnt hurt either
absolutely, but you're not going to hang around no matter how pretty the dealership is if the product is piss poor and interesting as a lemon enema....

Yes the dealership is a factor, but product is the pillar. Will be and always will be. Theres no need for a dealership without a product now is there ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree!!! The design needs to be revamped! I want an exciting Acura, not a yawning one... From what I understand is that CA design studio designs cool cars and then Japan changes them back to modest and conservative... I truly feel that Acura can be a Japanese BMW, they just need to up their game in design style... I mean, theres a market out there for boring styling and so/so performance, heck Cadillac and Buick held that spot forever, and GM actually brought Cadillac out of it and has made it a serious contender for BMW... So, Acura could do the same with aggressive fun styling and great performance... It's time Acura!!! Be bold!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I agree!!! The design needs to be revamped! I want an exciting Acura, not a yawning one... From what I understand is that CA design studio designs cool cars and then Japan changes them back to modest and conservative... I truly feel that Acura can be a Japanese BMW, they just need to up their game in design style... I mean, theres a market out there for boring styling and so/so performance, heck Cadillac and Buick held that spot forever, and GM actually brought Cadillac out of it and has made it a serious contender for BMW... So, Acura could do the same with aggressive fun styling and great performance... It's time Acura!!! Be bold!
This is so true, they have A LOT of potential, just look at what they've done in the past. NSX, ITR, CTR, and a lot of great cars, they just need to get back into making cars more inline with what enthusiasts want

·
Registered
430 Posts
there is nothing exclusive about acura anymore. they share most of their technology with Honda, at least lexus has held onto RWD platforms...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.