Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Those are a great find. Thanks for sharing.

Two things I noticed.

One, the hazard light on whichever country this is from is huge.

Two, why does that lady not have a lid on her cup? Lol.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also noticed the wheels look slightly different.. there is a darker shade on a few spokes.

Also, they feel the need to brand this car with "Acura" text on the rear... maybe because the brand is newer in this country.. not sure... :)

Reactions: Wade

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I noticed a few manufacturers do that. Here in North America the actual manufacturer's name is no longer on the rear of the car while overseas its more prevalent.

Different marketing strategy I guess.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe the reason she has no lid on her coffee is so she can tell if a Tyrannosaurus Rex is nearby, based on waves forming in her liquid.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol I just noticed that. Somebody should talk with their editor. There also appears to be no ACC or LKAS on the steering wheel.

I like this game. It's like the bar game of "look at these two pictures and tell me what's different"..

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Good observations by everyone. I noticed the rear Acura badge as well. I also saw the same badge on Russian TLXs. Wonder if it is the same in Mexico and elsewhere?

The TLX sure does look good in red with the black interior. I only had a choice of parchment, so I guess I didn't have a choice. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Its funny just seeing how the style of advertising different in other countries. The Chinese commercial is ridiculously long. Like 3 minutes? They actually play the entire song. LOL.

I'm thinking this is Chinese and not Japanese but I'm no expert...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good observations by everyone. I noticed the rear Acura badge as well. I also saw the same badge on Russian TLXs. Wonder if it is the same in Mexico and elsewhere?

The TLX sure does look good in red with the black interior. I only had a choice of parchment, so I guess I didn't have a choice. :)

same in mexico acura badge on the left side.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the information! Welcome to the Forum!

How is your TLX experience going? :)
thank you.

not so good. ive been an acura customer since 2008 and this is the only time I've been having problems with a car, since the first day, I noticed that the headliner had wrinkles, i took it back to the dealer, and they changed it on warranty, then after a couple of months, I noticed that the silver plastic arround the shift knob was out of place, the clips that hold it were broken, this time i had to pay around 20 dollars to change the part, they said since it was broken they can't make valid the warranty (cheap bastards.) I think this will be my last acura, i'm looking forward to try other japanese brands like infiniti or maybe switch to a german brand.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
thank you.

not so good. ive been an acura customer since 2008 and this is the only time I've been having problems with a car, since the first day, I noticed that the headliner had wrinkles, i took it back to the dealer, and they changed it on warranty, then after a couple of months, I noticed that the silver plastic arround the shift knob was out of place, the clips that hold it were broken, this time i had to pay around 20 dollars to change the part, they said since it was broken they can't make valid the warranty (cheap bastards.) I think this will be my last acura, i'm looking forward to try other japanese brands like infiniti or maybe switch to a german brand.
I am sorry to hear of your misfortune. Sounds like you have had a difficult time. Can you complain to Acura Customer Relations? Any transmission issues?

Where do you live in Mexico? I have been lucky to see some of Mexico on my vacations.
:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am sorry to hear of your misfortune. Sounds like you have had a difficult time. Can you complain to Acura Customer Relations? Any transmission issues?

Where do you live in Mexico? I have been lucky to see some of Mexico on my vacations.
:)
I complained to Acura and Honda customer service representative about the lack of software update for the maps of my 2013 rdx, and the ODMD on my TLX and so far no answer, they said there is no update available.

I live in Mexico City, The country capital and largest city

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well I have to say that the German brands aren't going to necessarily give you better service or quality. If you just want good quality and service then you should consider going with Lexus. They are known for great quality.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I have to say that the German brands aren't going to necessarily give you better service or quality. If you just want good quality and service then you should consider going with Lexus. They are known for great quality.
I wish I could, there is no Lexus available here, maybe in the future.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Its quite possible that the cars made in the USA but destined for other markets may not have the same quality standards as those cars sold in Canada or the USA.

Example, the Canadian made Toyota Corolla. I worked at the large Toyota plant here in Ontario that made Corollas for Canada, the USA and Mexico. The cars being shipped to Mexico had very low quality standards compared to the other cars. They were made in batches and literally flew down the lines and many of the quality checks associated with the other cars were skipped or non-existant. They also often used different parts and had less options and features too. We used to joke that they would end up as taxis lol.

The Lexus RX that is also built in the same plant was the total opposite. It took about 3 times as long to build them because they were meticulously assembled and everything was triple checked to ensure it was done properly.

Maybe the TLX is built similar and different markets get less options and lower quality standards.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Its quite possible that the cars made in the USA but destined for other markets may not have the same quality standards as those cars sold in Canada or the USA.

Example, the Canadian made Toyota Corolla. I worked at the large Toyota plant here in Ontario that made Corollas for Canada, the USA and Mexico. The cars being shipped to Mexico had very low quality standards compared to the other cars. They were made in batches and literally flew down the lines and many of the quality checks associated with the other cars were skipped or non-existant. They also often used different parts and had less options and features too. We used to joke that they would end up as taxis lol.

The Lexus RX that is also built in the same plant was the total opposite. It took about 3 times as long to build them because they were meticulously assembled and everything was triple checked to ensure it was done properly.

Maybe the TLX is built similar and different markets get less options and lower quality standards.
Wow. I never thought about that. I guess in order to save money car makers only have to match minimum specifications that are specified by the country?

I always thought a TLX is the same TLX anywhere, except for local standards of measurement for miles, gallons, liquids and air pressure.

·
Registered
35 Posts

I think that is totally correct. Next time I'll buy one that is made in Japan, like infiniti. but other than that I'm ok with the car, I will keep it for 3-4 years and then change of brand.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts