Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
yep - livin' it...but its almost over! Then off with the winter tires!

·
Registered
666 Posts
My target is end of April as I have nice winter wheels. It has been known to snow here in early May.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Glad I don't live in Boston. Sitting here in south central Indiana with a foot of snow on the ground from the last two storms and possibly some freezing rain tomorrow is kind of depressing and makes it seem like spring will never get here. My TLX would like to get clean and get some exercise.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I absolutely prefer winter and cold weather, but I'm ready to start showing off my TLX and I can't stunt properly when it's cold and the car is dirty! LOL.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You know what really chips my paint? A day old, clean car and just enough sprinkle action to make it look like it's been two weeks since it was washed. DANG. That's all.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I absolutely prefer winter and cold weather, but I'm ready to start showing off my TLX and I can't stunt properly when it's cold and the car is dirty! LOL.
I only like it when there's lots of snow with decent temperatures, no extreme cold.... good for playing in the snow... getting sideways in the TLX, skiing, snowboarding.. you know... the fun stuff :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Glad I don't live in Boston. Sitting here in south central Indiana with a foot of snow on the ground from the last two storms and possibly some freezing rain tomorrow is kind of depressing and makes it seem like spring will never get here. My TLX would like to get clean and get some exercise.
Ok, so as I write this, it's snowing, AGAIN, and Boston is less than an inch away from setting its *all-time* record of snowfall in a single season in the 100 year history that records have been kept, after blowing just about every other record on temperatures and snowfall this year. We're at 106" of snow this season, with seven feet of that coming in just 3 weeks. That's a problem because I'm only 5'7"
:eek:

Here's some pics of my TLX among the giant snowpiles *after* the plows and bulldozer spent all day hauling truck-fulls of snow to the snowfields. Oh, and one picture of a 30 foot tree that doesn't feel so big right now. Acura should use pics like this to sell the SH-AWD!!

Not surprisingly, kids seem to be ignoring the pleas of the Mayor to stop jumping out of 2nd and 3rd story windows into snowpiles.... or the adults falling off roofs into cushions of snow while trying to clear ice-dams off the roof

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Brrrr! Your pictures make my TLX shiver. Hopefully there is light at the end of this tunnel. Our weather forecast is actually calling for 40s and 50s here in Indiana next week. Just hope that light isn't an oncoming train.:eek:

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts

Here's some pics of my TLX among the giant snowpiles *after* the plows and bulldozer spent all day hauling truck-fulls of snow to the snowfields. Oh, and one picture of a 30 foot tree that doesn't feel so big right now. Acura should use pics like this to sell the SH-AWD!!

Wow. With the wipers sticking up to the sky it looks like the car is asking for help.
:)

Thanks for the pics!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Yes, I agree. Your pictures make me shiver.

Hopefully the end of Winter is near.

Seems we are having weather issues down here as well.

A friend handed me this weather alert...

>:D

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wow. With the wipers sticking up to the sky it looks like the car is asking for help.

Thanks for the pics!

As for the wipers, she's just batting her eyelashes at you
;)

My neighbors were poking fun of me the other day -- it got up to 28 degrees and I went out in my t-shirt and shorts to go clean out the trunk of my TLX. Temperatures are all relative I guess....

Missed the record yesterday -- Boston area got less than an inch, but Cape Cod got over a foot. But temperatures might be headed into the 40's for a couple days next week which should hopefully give us our roads and driveways back, and warm enough for me to go detail my car

·
Registered
238 Posts

On the plus side, I bet our beaches are less crowded than yours... at least the ones that are not being used as snowfields

this season, not even the animals are going out... even the rabbits won't leave their burrows which I've never seen here in all my years

many ski slopes have announced they plan to extend the ski season well into mid-May this year

Charles River in Boston is *still* frozen and under 6-12" of snow -- usually this melts completely by mid-February at the latest. They're already talking about a shortened rowing season since our boats don't exactly come with ice-breakers and river may not be navigable until April

·
Registered
144 Posts
The rabbits can't dig through all of the snow to get out of their burrows. ;)

I hear the Red Sox may not be able to play any home games until the snow melts sometime around the first of August. >:D

We dodged a bullet here with this last snow. We got about a quarter of an inch. The southern part of our county got about two inches. The farther south you went the worse it got. :|

I have fallen in love with the remote start in my TLX. Even though the engine is running for a just a few minutes it is nice and toasty when I get in. Even the windows are clean. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
On the plus side, I bet our beaches are less crowded than yours... at least the ones that are not being used as snowfields

this season, not even the animals are going out... even the rabbits won't leave their burrows which I've never seen here in all my years

many ski slopes have announced they plan to extend the ski season well into mid-May this year

Charles River in Boston is *still* frozen and under 6-12" of snow -- usually this melts completely by mid-February at the latest. They're already talking about a shortened rowing season since our boats don't exactly come with ice-breakers and river may not be navigable until April

Pack up some of that snow and ship it out here to Northern Ca. We can't seem to buy us up a good storm! Feast or famine, I guess.

http://www.tlxforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
681 Posts

Gonna stomp on us during hurricane season too?
:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
The rabbits can't dig through all of the snow to get out of their burrows. ;)

I hear the Red Sox may not be able to play any home games until the snow melts sometime around the first of August. >:D

We dodged a bullet here with this last snow. We got about a quarter of an inch. The southern part of our county got about two inches. The farther south you went the worse it got. :|

I have fallen in love with the remote start in my TLX. Even though the engine is running for a just a few minutes it is nice and toasty when I get in. Even the windows are clean. :)
Pack up some of that snow and ship it out here to Northern Ca. We can't seem to buy us up a good storm! Feast or famine, I guess.
If you're a rabbit, why would you leave leave the comfort of your toasty warm burrow to go digging in sub-zero temperatures like those silly humans shoveling feet of snow day after day?

On the news, they mentioned there's actually a guy selling 6 ounce heaps of snow for $90 via rush insulated shipping.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Gonna stomp on us during hurricane season too?
:D
Funny you mention it. Last hurricane we had to board up for was in 2007. I think since the Earthquake in Japan, the earth was tilted off it's axis. Last couple of years the hurricanes moved north. I probably just jinxed the south for posting this. :eek:

Didn't mean to stomp, just wanted to kick softly. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts