Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honda showed off this concept at the Beijing Auto Show in China called "concept c" and I have reason to believe it is the TLX concept, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
727 Posts
i think this was just a design exercise just showing what Honda is capable of designing and accomplishing with design. But it does look about the size of what a TL could be, too small to be the RL.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looks like the new Accord. Its Honda branded though. Not sure how that would relate to the TL which is now a American model.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Acura needs to make more adventurous designs. I loved the designs of the 2G and 3G TLs. They decided to venture into the new beak design on the 4th gen which really killed Acura. And to fix it they made all their cars look like Camrys. Common Acura.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Acura needs to make more adventurous designs. I loved the designs of the 2G and 3G TLs. They decided to venture into the new beak design on the 4th gen which really killed Acura. And to fix it they made all their cars look like Camrys. Common Acura.
I owned the 2000 TL; Lexus EL 2009 TL; and 2012 TL; this 2012 model has Drive-by-wire and it is a quantum improvement over each of those other models; also, electric motor driven power assisted steering is consistent and stable; the electric assist that is advertised for the TLX's additional power to the wheels is anticipated by me to have the quantum improvement that Drive-by-wire does in the current TL's accelerator and acceleration; if that is realized the TLX should be an extremely drivable car; coupled with Honda's blind spot monitoring and electronic collision avoidance gear has me setup to readily welcome the new design; Honda, don't disappoint us!
15 months is a long time to setup the final production revelation.
The current Honda Accord EL, of which is supposedly the chassis it will be built upon, hasn't provided the public with any major revelation.

·
Registered
260 Posts

Rumor has it that the TLX will be a sort of combination of the TL and the TSX. Above is the 2012 Honda Concept C. I'd imagine the Acura TLX will look something like this.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Rumor has it that the TLX will be a sort of combination of the TL and the TSX. Above is the 2012 Honda Concept C. I'd imagine the Acura TLX will look something like this.
just seen wheels styled like these a on TLX test mule, hopefully we actually get them

·
Registered
260 Posts
Whatever happens I don't think that the front of the TLX will really look like this concept. I also don't see the taillights looking like that. I don;t really think this will be close to the TLX, but who knows? Its not like I've seen this vehicle turn into any other production vehicles, so that leaves space open for the TLX but it could also mean that this concept just won't become a production model.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Whatever happens I don't think that the front of the TLX will really look like this concept. I also don't see the taillights looking like that. I don;t really think this will be close to the TLX, but who knows? Its not like I've seen this vehicle turn into any other production vehicles, so that leaves space open for the TLX but it could also mean that this concept just won't become a production model.
Do you do make some good points. Looking at how recent cars have transitioned from concept to production is a good sign of how true they stay to their concept version...which isn't as much as WE want.

The TLX will likely look like a "mini-RLX"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts