Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here, hello all!

I've got my sights set on a 2.4 w/ Tech but I reeally want the front/rear parking sensors (and also the remote engine start if possible).

Is it possible to purchase these advance package features separately? I've hardly seen any reviewers or owners mention it. I could care less for ventilated seats and adaptive cruise control but the parking sensors are a huge draw for me.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Seems like there would be a high labor cost to drill all the holes or to replace the bumpers entirely. This is just for the sensors. Not sure about the programming and electronics required. Just thinking out loud. :)

BTW, welcome to the Forum. I am glad to see you made your first post.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

Well, Acura's website in the "Build and Price TLX" section does list "Back-Up Sensors" $264 and "Remote Engine Start System III" $399 as options in the Exterior Accessories page.

I just wanted to ask if anyone else was able to successfully use this feature to add sensors or remote engine to a 2.4? Looks like it's possible and wanted to confirm, thanks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yes, you can get the back-up sensors installed on either trim, only the Elite's (in Canada top trim) have front and back which is unfortunately only a factory fitted option for both.
The remote start will work as well as comes standard on the Tech 4 banger here in canada.

My 4 banger has remote starter and although I don't have back-up im 100% these work as intended on it too. Remember the real only difference between the three cars is the engine, drive system and probably the rims! The tech is the same as is the frame.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, you can get the back-up sensors installed on either trim, only the Elite's (in Canada top trim) have front and back which is unfortunately only a factory fitted option for both.
The remote start will work as well as comes standard on the Tech 4 banger here in canada.

My 4 banger has remote starter and although I don't have back-up im 100% these work as intended on it too. Remember the real only difference between the three cars is the engine, drive system and probably the rims! The tech is the same as is the frame.
Lucky Canada! Just for kicks I converted the Canadian MSRP of 38,690 for the TLX Tech and it comes to 32,680 USD.. dang, that's sweet. And y'all get remote engine start standard to boot! What else?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The dealer can install rear back up sensors but not for the front. You also will not have the option to disable the sensors as with the advanced package option. Yes the dealer can also install a remote engine start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lucky Canada! Just for kicks I converted the Canadian MSRP of 38,690 for the TLX Tech and it comes to 32,680 USD.. dang, that's sweet. And y'all get remote engine start standard to boot! What else?
Read' em and weep! :D

-Heated front windshield (included on all trims)
-Heated rear seats
-Heated steering wheel
-Keyless access sensors on the rear doors
-Power folding side mirrors
-Remote engine start
-Larger washer fluid reservoir with level sensor (standard for Canadian Honda vehicles)
-1 year subscription to AcuraLink Premium

I don't understand why Acura Canada decided to add so much extra stuff but it makes the Tech package an amazing value in Canada.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Also:

- Locking steering wheel (all trims)
- Headlight washers (Elite trim)

Maybe it is to make up for:

- Having to enter a street name letter by letter
- No Pandora (but not an Acura issue)
- No ODMD and Navigation updates (so far)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wanted the remote starter on my 2014 Accord (again note, same exact car) and the part was listed at $300 and my dealer told me $1200 total for install. I told them go take a flying leap, even the Honda doc says it takes 2 hours max install time (just gotta remote the rear seat a bit to install it). $900 for 2 hours labor.... dealers are rip off artists.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Please remain focused on OP's subject

Somehow this thread has ventured off the initial subject matter.

Please keep this thread focused on the OP's subject matter.

Please open a new thread when you feel the need to cover another subject.

Thanks,
Moderator.

:)

:traffic cop:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Read' em and weep! :D

-Heated front windshield (included on all trims)
-Heated rear seats
-Heated steering wheel
-Keyless access sensors on the rear doors
-Power folding side mirrors
-Remote engine start
-Larger washer fluid reservoir with level sensor (standard for Canadian Honda vehicles)
-1 year subscription to AcuraLink Premium

I don't understand why Acura Canada decided to add so much extra stuff but it makes the Tech package an amazing value in Canada.
I wish we had the Heated steering wheel (not even available as an accessory) and Remote engine start (accessory for $500) included in the tech package here :crying: . Don't miss the rest of the items

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Sorry for being a traffic cop. Must have been something I ate for dinner.

:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wanted the remote starter on my 2014 Accord (again note, same exact car) and the part was listed at $300 and my dealer told me $1200 total for install. I told them go take a flying leap, even the Honda doc says it takes 2 hours max install time (just gotta remote the rear seat a bit to install it). $900 for 2 hours labor.... dealers are rip off artists.
This is helpful to know. I forgot to anticipate the labor costs that they would throw. Dangit, and here I was thinking that the sensors wouldn't cost too much extra.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is helpful to know. I forgot to anticipate the labor costs that they would throw. Dangit, and here I was thinking that the sensors wouldn't cost too much extra.
Here's a scan of dealer installed accessory prices that a TLX owner provided at another forum:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/14713714318/

I'd expect other dealers to be similar. In Canada, the installation costs is included in acura.ca's pricing and the rear sensors have a SRP of $930.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.