Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lease a 2015 TLX SH-AWD and want to know if its possible with my situation....Btw I'm in NY

I currently have 5 payments left on a 2012 Honda Crosstour V6 L lease with payments of $579. a month (high payments due to a chapter 7 bankruptcy from 2011) I've never missed nor late on a payment.

I'm also 4000 miles over the allotted 36k miles on the Honda Financial lease agreement.
I checked my credit score via Walmart Fico tracker and my Transunion score states 639.

I'm hoping Acura would payoff the rest of my payments, Pay the mileage overage with no downpayment on a new TLX lease, If it helps my salary is $90k per year and I've been at the same job and residence for 14 years.

I may be delusional but I was hoping for a lease payment around $400-$450.

Can a deal be made?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
681 Posts
I cant help with the financial math. However, snce you will be leasing the TLX from the same financial entity i believe, they may be willing to 'flip' the over to the new TLX. This keeps a known customer longer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you're lucky, the base TLX model with good credit will run you almost $400 with no money down. Appears you want the top model, so it would be almost $500. So yes, with your baggage, it's impossible. You owe almost $4 grand and counting on your old lease. Your only option is to have the dealer buy out the car from the bank. If it worth as much as your buy out cost, you're even. If it has positive equity, you can apply it your new lease. If it worth less, you'd be paying the negative equity, but it could be less than the $4K you currently obligated to pay for your lease. Then there is an issue of credit. I believe 639 is considered poor score, so you're looking at high finance charge as well.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I want to lease a 2015 TLX SH-AWD and want to know if its possible with my situation....Btw I'm in NY
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

Good luck with your lease. They now offer 60K/3 year leases. I think anything is possible for the right amount of money. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
My credit score is lower than yours.
I got the TLX base with Tech Package on a 36 month/45000 miles lease.

Due to my credit I ended up paying $3500 down and $526 a month. To some, that amount sounds a lot, but no one else would approve me because of my credit.

I also got the ResistALL package and warranty, so at the end of the lease if the leather in my car is damaged or if I have dings or bug marks on the car, ResistALL takes care of it.

Good luck with your purchase =)

·
Registered
96 Posts
ResistALL package? Never heard of it. Sounds like another useless addon and waste of money. Regular wear and tear included in your contract, plus as far as I remember, Honda allows around $2000 for the excess wear or if you lease another Honda/Acura, it most likely be forgiven.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ResistALL package? Never heard of it. Sounds like another useless addon and waste of money. Regular wear and tear included in your contract, plus as far as I remember, Honda allows around $2000 for the excess wear or if you lease another Honda/Acura, it most likely be forgiven.
I think the ResistALL is worth it all the way. I have seen cars that are the same color, and purchased at the same time show a huge difference in the paint after 3 years.

No fading, the bugs comes off easy, the bird droppings clean up very easy, and the best thing is if you accidentally rip/tear the leather seats in your car, it is all covered with that package.

It even covers small dents and dings on the body. So to me, it's worth it

Of course it's better when the dealer just throws that in for free after you tell him you're not interested in the car =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.