Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone this is probably a longshot but I was wondering if anyone know the degree of difficulty it would be to retro fit the headlights from a 2018-2020 TLX model year headlights on to a 2015-2017 TLX model year headlights?

I really love those headlights on the new ones cause of the eye-brow turn signals on the newer models. What would be needed to modify in order to retro fit them to a pre-facelift TLX without doing an entire front-end conversion?

So far from what I see is that the head lights similarly shaped but there is a slight difference in the shape around the outer top portion of the headlights comparison pictures below.

So I can say that the front bumper on the pre-facelift TLX would need to be fabricated abit mainly the inner-part between the grill and headlight insert would need the fabrication to fit it.

Are their any other issues I would run into? I'm thinking the slight fender fabrication too?

This may just seem like too much to be doing just to get the headlights buuuut I really want to get those headlights on my TLX if it was in the slightest capacity possible to be done.

·
Super Moderator
1,033 Posts
They are a completely different shape. My guess is you would need to replace the entire front fascia. The angle of them adjacent to the front grill is in the complete opposite direction.

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are a completely different shape. My guess is you would need to replace the entire front fascia. The angle of them adjacent to the front grill is in the complete opposite direction.
I see but I think I could make them fit with some fabrication Im gonna talk to my body shop and see what is possible.... I think it would be really cool if I could pull this off without a front fascia conversion.

·
Super Moderator
1,033 Posts
I see but I think I could make them fit with some fabrication Im gonna talk to my body shop and see what is possible.... I think it would be really cool if I could pull this off without a front fascia conversion.
Good luck!

Reactions: MarcoTLX

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
344 Posts
Move along. Nothing to see here.

(Mis-read the post.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts