Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new AWD Tech last week and everything worked perfectly with my iPod song by voice with iphone 6. I decided to try my old 80gb iPod in the car so I can just leave it there all the time. Unfortunately, it was slower and the search options didn't work as well. So when I switched back to my iPhone, the problems started. When I do a voice music search I get a message saying "Generating voice recognition commands" and I can't do the search. Also, every time I disconnect my iPhone i get a message saying "Error occured during import process, please reconnect". I've tried everything to resetting phone and clearing settings in the car back to factory state. I will take it into service next week but, was hoping someone might have an answer for me as this might happen again even if they can fix it.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I picked up my new AWD Tech last week and everything worked perfectly with my iPod song by voice with iphone 6. I decided to try my old 80gb iPod in the car so I can just leave it there all the time. Unfortunately, it was slower and the search options didn't work as well. So when I switched back to my iPhone, the problems started. When I do a voice music search I get a message saying "Generating voice recognition commands" and I can't do the search. Also, every time I disconnect my iPhone i get a message saying "Error occured during import process, please reconnect". I've tried everything to resetting phone and clearing settings in the car back to factory state. I will take it into service next week but, was hoping someone might have an answer for me as this might happen again even if they can fix it.
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear your first post deals with a problem, but it is still good to have you here.

As you mentioned, the best idea is to take it back to the dealer. There may be someone here with suggestions, but I use an Android.

In order for other members to feel eager to assist, open up and tell us about you and your new TLX? :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
No direct help here I am afraid. I did something similar, messing with an iPhone 5s and and iPhone 4s. The TLX didnt like it, got 'confused', so i walked away and started fresh with my 5s. No meed to reset, it began working correctly (although it has always been alittle slow to respond)

For me, I will take satellite radio and let XM/Sirius do the programming when I am driving. So I haven't spend much time more time on the iPhone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, my TLX got confused also but doesn't know how to fix itself. I hope it's as easy as some sort of reset at the dealership.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Confused via Bluetooth or direct connect? Did you try to reset both?

Direct connect seemed to work better for me, and keeps the phone charged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm talking about connecting through the usb. Bluetooth is working fine. I have reset my iPhone and I also reset my infotainment system back to factory default settings. It seems like it is stuck in a downloading procedure of voice recognition. I'm hoping there is some sort of hard reset for the system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eureka!!!! I fixed it!!!! Just cancelled my service appointment. For all those that might run into this problem. Apparently the download of voice recognition was not complete. Seems like if you unplug your iPod before your car learns how to interpret all the songs on it, it will hang up your system. I went out and started my car with my old classic iPod plugged in. I let it sit for a good 30-40 minutes. I have about 7000 songs on it. After siting that long everything seems to work perfectly again. So I plugged in my iPhone again and after a brief time, it was back to working fine also. So if anyone out there starts to plug in a new to the car iPod/iPhone, let the downloading process finish. I'm sure there are people out there with much bigger musc libraries than I have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts