Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I updated my phone to iOS 8, and now my phone doesn't ring in the car, and when a person answers, the music stops and all of a sudden the person starts talking. Anyone else experience this issue?

Not on the TLX, on the 4th Gen TL...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would imagine that there will be some compatibility issues at first since the new ios software is, well, new. I'm thinking that there should be a patch for either your car or your phone that will come out soon to fix any issues that are happening.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I heard the new iOS is totally knackered. They were doing PSA's on the radio round here last night, I spit my rye out in giggles I have to say

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Hey guys... I updated my phone to iOS 8, and now my phone doesn't ring in the car, and when a person answers, the music stops and all of a sudden the person starts talking. Anyone else experience this issue?

Did it behave like this before? There is an auto answer option that will connect the person calling right away. I've never used it on my current vehicle but from what I understand this is how it would work. Maybe see if de-selecting that option in the vehicle will help.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Acura still haven't patched their software to work with the new OS. if you rely on your phone while driving I would hold out getting the new Apple OS for the time being.

·
Registered
93 Posts

I upgraded to iOS 8 (as well as ultimately getting the iPhone 6 yesterday) & didn't have a problem using it on my 2nd gen TSX. Not sure if anyone has a different experience on the new TLX.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a TLX and just upgraded to the Iphone 6 plus. I can connect my new Iphone however when I use bluetooth to dial, it times out.

The people I have attempted to dial/call state that their phone rings but once they answer, there is nothing there.

Anyone else successfully connect their new Iphone 6's/6 Plus to their new TLX's yet?

Frustrating!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts