Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently negotiating the purchase of a 4-cylinder Tech model TLX and am trying to also purchase the 18" wheels that come standard on TLX V-6 models. The dealer is quoting me approx. $2,300 for the wheels (including installation). I'm having trouble trying to find any invoice/MSRP data on these wheels to see if I'm getting a fair deal or if the dealer is trying to rip me off.

If anyone could provide invoice/MSRP data on the 18" wheels that come standard on the V-6 model (not the ones you can purchase as an accessory), it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
438 Posts
i think u r better off calling other dealers and ask for similar quotes and see what you get

and how is it not an accessory if its not standard with the 4-cylinder model? its a add-on no?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think u r better off calling other dealers and ask for similar quotes and see what you get

and how is it not an accessory if its not standard with the 4-cylinder model? its a add-on no?
I'm also trying to do that now. The wheels are an accessory, but what I meant was that I was interested specifically in the 18" wheels that come on the V-6. On the Acura website, you can upgrade the 4-cylinder wheels to a set of 18" wheels (they list it under accessories), but they are different than the ones that come on the V-6 model.

·
Registered
438 Posts
then in this case it will be a custom swap i think?

then its up to the dealer to charge whatever they feel like unfortunately

and check ebay too, maybe there are sellers who are selling the wheels u want

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yea check ebay, Kijiji the usual suspects. Recently one of my brothers swapped the wheels from his Outback 3.6R with wheels from the CrossTrek, found a guy on Kijiji looking to get rid of his/make a trade. So he did...

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you're looking to purchase the wheels in addition to the 17" ones that come with the car, the price sounds about right. It might sound high, but buying anything directly from the dealership is not going to be cheap. If you're looking to swap, I think $2,300 is way too much just to swap. I would also suggest looking for a used set on eBay/kijiji.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts