Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a recent TLX owner... TLX v6 FWD Tech. Had the car for just under 7 months. Its been a rough winter here in Michigan and we have plenty of pot holes to avoid. I don't recall ramming any of them with much ferocity.. but it feels like there is something really jacked with my front suspension on the driver side.

Symptoms:
It is an intermittent bang (like theres bushing on bushing slamming together as if the strut just decides to randomly go on a coffee break). I can be going over bumps in the road that are no worse than others... and randomly this bang will occur...

At first I thought it might be a busted radial or something which only lines up with bumps every so often... but there is no really noticeable vibration at any speed... I did fund myself riding about 60mph down a side road where the little expansion gaps in the road were raised slightly and at equal distances... and EVERY ONE made that bang noise (which is where I figured it was possibly tire related).

Anyone else have this issue?

BTW - I can't believe Acura built such a nice ride on such trash tires... I have the potenza's... what the heck where they thinking? I guess I was blinded by all the other TLX greatness that I failed to realize it was running on trash rubber. Oh well.. 6mo in and if I am correct I will be purchasing a new tire... irritating.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome to the forum but sorry to see you are having problems.:(

I have had FWD V6 Adv for about two months now and no problems so far. :)

I would think if it were a tire problem you could feel it in your driving. As young as your car is I would take it back to the dealer for a check up. Most likely whatever it is is still under warranty.:|

·
Registered
103 Posts
Honda used to put crappy tires on their cars in the 90’s. They might have returned to that practice. It saves them a lot of money, but drivers get a really lousy ownership experience. So far our 2018 Pilot with Continental tires is good, and our brand new TLX with Michelin tires is good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a recent TLX owner... TLX v6 FWD Tech. Had the car for just under 7 months. Its been a rough winter here in Michigan and we have plenty of pot holes to avoid. I don't recall ramming any of them with much ferocity.. but it feels like there is something really jacked with my front suspension on the driver side.

Symptoms:
It is an intermittent bang (like theres bushing on bushing slamming together as if the strut just decides to randomly go on a coffee break). I can be going over bumps in the road that are no worse than others... and randomly this bang will occur...

At first I thought it might be a busted radial or something which only lines up with bumps every so often... but there is no really noticeable vibration at any speed... I did fund myself riding about 60mph down a side road where the little expansion gaps in the road were raised slightly and at equal distances... and EVERY ONE made that bang noise (which is where I figured it was possibly tire related).

Anyone else have this issue?

BTW - I can't believe Acura built such a nice ride on such trash tires... I have the potenza's... what the heck where they thinking? I guess I was blinded by all the other TLX greatness that I failed to realize it was running on trash rubber. Oh well.. 6mo in and if I am correct I will be purchasing a new tire... irritating.

Thanks in advance!
I had the same problem took my mechanic about 90 seconds to find a rock lodged up by Seay bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts