Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Acura TLX Advance
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Acura TLX I have the interior light setting on door on the overhead control setup...but when I shut the car off before I even open the door...the interior lights come on. Is this supposed to happen? Looked everywhere and can't find info for this. Thanks for any help.!

·
Registered
4 Posts
2015 Acura TLX I have the interior light setting on door on the overhead control setup...but when I shut the car off before I even open the door...the interior lights come on. Is this supposed to happen? Looked everywhere and can't find info for this. Thanks for any help.!
Does it only happen in low light or does it also occur in the daylight? Next time I turn the car off I'll pay more attention and get back to you.

·
Registered
2015 Acura TLX Advance
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it only happen in low light or does it also occur in the daylight? Next time I turn the car off I'll pay more attention and get back to you.
Hey I love your profile name! The light comes on in the daytime as well as night...i just checked. And thank you for responding.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and yes - I believe this is normal. A little thoughtful detail provided by Acura to provide you some lighting as you get ready to leave the vehicle.

·
Registered
2015 Acura TLX Advance
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum, and yes - I believe this is normal. A little thoughtful detail provided by Acura to provide you some lighting as you get ready to leave the vehicle.
Thank you so much for the welcome. So I don't really care for this feature because maybe I want to relax a second before getting out of the car. Another feature I don't necessarily like is not being able to shut off headlights while driving...I enter a gated area and really don't like blinding the security people. I realize its a safety feature but not crazy about it.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Thank you so much for the welcome. So I don't really care for this feature because maybe I want to relax a second before getting out of the car. Another feature I don't necessarily like is not being able to shut off headlights while driving...I enter a gated area and really don't like blinding the security people. I realize its a safety feature but not crazy about it.
I think nearly all new cars these days have the auto-on / auto-off headlights feature. I can't remember if there is a settings feature that allows you to disable it, probably not.

Reactions: CYJ

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
There is no setting to shut them off permanently. In some vehicles you can pull the fuse for the DRLs. I never checked to see if this would work for the TLX.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
There is no setting to shut them off permanently. In some vehicles you can pull the fuse for the DRLs. I never checked to see if this would work for the TLX.
Thanks Andre! I'd be worried about pulling a fuse and it affecting something unintended! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts