Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting close to purchasing a 2015 TLX AWD Tech and was quoted $39,130. I don't have a trade in and do not want to finance the car. Is this a good deal? The user from Virginia seemed to do much better on price.

Also, is the AWD worth an extra $2000? I have an offer of $37,244 for a TLX V6 Tech.

I was so happy to discover the forum -- would appreciate any advice!

LMB

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm getting close to purchasing a 2015 TLX AWD Tech and was quoted $39,130. I don't have a trade in and do not want to finance the car. Is this a good deal? The user from Virginia seemed to do much better on price.

Also, is the AWD worth an extra $2000? I have an offer of $37,244 for a TLX V6 Tech.

LMB

Both seem like pretty good prices to me. If you look on a website called www.truecar.com you can see what other people in your area have paid. You might see some people post they got fantastic deals on online forums, but often it is because they have a trade-in. Dealers won't give them a good price on the trade-in, and the customers are unhappy, so to make up the difference they often just lower the price of the new car more to please the customer and make a sale.

The best method I have found to purchase a new car is going through the online sales department. If you go to the dealers' website there is usually an option to "request a quote," and you will then work with the online sales department. They usually just give you the lowest price they are willing to do and there is no haggling involved. I'm pretty sure the online sales department is on salary and not making commission like the other salesmen at the dealership.

As for the AWD vs FWD, I can't really answer your question on that. I live in CA so AWD is not necessary for me and is just an added expense. I have heard great things about the SH-AWD system that Acura uses though. If you get snow and its hard to drive there, AWD probably isn't a bad thing. Maybe other people on this forum who live in your area can chime in on that

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. I am also pricing the vehicle through Costco Auto and will keep you posted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. I am also pricing the vehicle through Costco Auto and will keep you posted.
Sounds good! I don't imagine anyone really being able to beat those prices you already mentioned by much. If you do find someone who can beat them, maybe only a few hundred max

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked for a quote through the Costco Website and the dealer closest to my house called and offered the TLX V6 AWD Tech for $38,480. I'm going to keep looking at dealers in my area. I liked working with the original salesperson who was a little bit higher so I may call him back.

One related question, the original salesperson also mentioned a great deal and incentive on the RLX Tech at $43,000. The car did not come with AWD but seemed very comfortable. Did anyone consider a RLX over the TLX?

Thanks Again!
LMB

·
Registered
666 Posts
Also, is the AWD worth an extra $2000?
This is like asking if buying a TLX over an Accord is worth the few extra grand or whatever the difference is. If it adds to you sense of enjoyment and driving style then it might be worth it. Only you can tell. If the question is do you need it, then the answer is no.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I asked for a quote through the Costco Website and the dealer closest to my house called and offered the TLX V6 AWD Tech for $38,480. I'm going to keep looking at dealers in my area. I liked working with the original salesperson who was a little bit higher so I may call him back.

One related question, the original salesperson also mentioned a great deal and incentive on the RLX Tech at $43,000. The car did not come with AWD but seemed very comfortable. Did anyone consider a RLX over the TLX?

Thanks Again!
LMB

If you liked working with the other salesperson, tell him that you received a quote from another dealer in your area and tell him how much that quote was for. You can likely get him to match that quote. If they won't match the quote, just buy from whoever is cheaper.

·
Registered
27 Posts

LMB
I picked up my TLX AWD ADV for $39,200+tax. I know I got a good deal but maybe you could work something close to what I got.

·
Registered
68 Posts

LMB
The price you got for the V6 tech isn't that bad, but I bet you could still find better. Same goes for the AWD version, seeing as you live in NY. My father used to live there. And when it snows, I'll bet that AWD will come in handy.

With that being said, I posted a while back on a guys thread asking just about the same thing. Well, I posted what you can do to get one of the best prices. I'm not trying to be arrogant, just wanting to help out fellow members of this forum. If you go to this link http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/acur...818-getting-ready-negotiate-2.html#post106394 and read post #18 , I explain what you can do to secure a great price.

I recently got my TLX V6 Tech for 35k and my wifes Lexus CT200h Fsport for 34k. Both are 2015 and both were picked up April of this year. Truecar, edmunds, kelly blue book and sites like that get kickbacks from dealerships if they have a hand at selling you a car, so if they can convince you that the lowest price is a certain amount they will get more money from the dealership. Both my car and my wifes car were bought at a price that truecar didn't even have on their chart. It stated the price locally was "exceptional" at $37,500 and average was $39k, for my wifes car it's $36,500 and $38k is average. Now while these places may be an alright place to get started, I wouldn't rely on them for an idea of what my target price should be.

Hopefully this information can help you, it most certainly helped me when I'm getting new cars.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would go with the AWD over the FWD and think its worth the $.
When they stop making them for the 16 models (FWD) then it won't even be an option! lol

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

LMB
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first posts. Seems you got a few replies already. Good luck in your search for a good price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice -- the forum is full of useful information. I have decided to purchase the 2015 TLX AWD Tech package and am working on negotiating though dealer websites in the local New York / Connecticut area. I stopped by my local dealer last night for another look at the TLX and feel it is a good decision. We also get a fair amount of snow and ice in our area so I figure the AWD is a safe bet.

One unexpected event last night was that the dealer offered me a 2015 RL in white for $40,000. I was very surprised to see it was such a low price. After more research, I discovered that a few people have had difficulty with the suspension on the RL and that the TLX offers a quieter ride. The RL was also not available in AWD unless you purchased the Hybrid model.

I'm will probably make the final purchase toward the end of the month since dealers seem motivated at this time.

Thanks!
LMB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts