Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my battery died by keeping my radio on too long while cleaning my garage (lol) So no big deal , my wifes car is alongside me... BUT.. when our battery's are dead, the trunk push button does not operate. So my jumpers are in my trunk, and I had to open the trunk manually by this METHOD. Push down on the side towards you, and it will flip open, top removes, then use your car key.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is a jump point under the hood....

Great big Red PLUS on top of it next to driver's shock tower. Connect red to that post and black to ground.

Car Vehicle Hood Grille Motor vehicle

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
123 Posts
There is a jump point under the hood....

Great big Red PLUS on top of it next to driver's shock tower. Connect red to that post and black to ground.

View attachment 26738
There's also a dedicated ground point marked (-). It's the unpainted bolt sticking up a little bit that's to the right of the (+) terminal. Very considerate of Acura, but indicates that a senior engineer somewhere in the project expects that the car will need to be jumped frequently.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, with idlestop over taxing the battery constantly :ROFLMAO: That damn annoying feature will keep the service department busy replacing batteries and starters

·
Registered
17 Posts
Today my battery died by keeping my radio on too long while cleaning my garage (lol) So no big deal , my wifes car is alongside me... BUT.. when our battery's are dead, the trunk push button does not operate. So my jumpers are in my trunk, and I had to open the trunk manually by this METHOD. Push down on the side towards you, and it will flip open, top removes, then use your car key.
Very informative, thanks for sharing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts