Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like at this point I should've waited for the Type S but... Lots of buts...

_
Background: I'm a car guy. Had an EG8, tuned it. Had a 93 Miata, tuned it. E46, tuned it. My last car was a 335i with a tuned n55.

I loved that car but sold it for this TLX which is growing on me alot.
_

First 'but', I can feel the difference coming from 400 tuned down to 272. I want more and I know the K can put it down.
That's literally my only gripe with the car :). I'm very happy with it.

I'm wondering how long it'll take before I start seeing parts on the market? I've been a fan of K series motors since they were born because of their potential. This is my first K and my first 'new' car. The selling points for me were the AWD system, the look, and the K series (I was also impatient and didn't wanna wait until March for the type s).

Anyone wanna talk about warranty's, tuning, and potential? Haha. Just future planning here. I always have lots of tuning/modding questions for cars that are newer than 2015.

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
55 Posts
What are the Civic Type "R" guys doing with it? There should be lots of mod action going on in that community.

·
Super Moderator
952 Posts
I feel like at this point I should've waited for the Type S but... Lots of buts...

_
Background
: I'm a car guy. Had an EG8, tuned it. Had a 93 Miata, tuned it. E46, tuned it. My last car was a 335i with a tuned n55.

I loved that car but sold it for this TLX which is growing on me alot.
_

First 'but', I can feel the difference coming from 400 tuned down to 272. I want more and I know the K can put it down.
That's literally my only gripe with the car :). I'm very happy with it.

I'm wondering how long it'll take before I start seeing parts on the market? I've been a fan of K series motors since they were born because of their potential. This is my first K and my first 'new' car. The selling points for me were the AWD system, the look, and the K series (I was also impatient and didn't wanna wait until March for the type s).

Anyone wanna talk about warranty's, tuning, and potential? Haha. Just future planning here. I always have lots of tuning/modding questions for cars that are newer than 2015.
Welcome to the forum! Post some pictures when you get a chance and let us know whatever mods you undertake!

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! Post some pictures when you get a chance and let us know whatever mods you undertake!
I'll snap some when I leave work here in a few hours but my profile pic is the car. Drove it off the showroom floor :) it was a very good day.

I've only done tint so far as I'm kind of worried to do anything because of the vast amount of questions I have about modding and warranty. All of my previous cars had coilovers and some form of ecu tuning but idk if I wanna mess with this cars suspension because of how well it handles. The ecu on the other hand... Kind of split on engine performance. The trans does lag when shifting between gears. It's noticeable but I don't think anything can be done about that unfortunately.

I was having a discussion with my coworker about shift kits but there's the questions of if anyone will even make one, if the current setup is the extent of what the trans can handle, and if at the end of the day that would even be worth going after to see if you could improve shift times vs cost of whatever happens to come out on the market in three-five years.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Since I forgot to post a picture couple months ago. Christmas day accident, got T-boned. Driver pulled through a stop sign as I was making a left into the street.

On the plus side family is okay, very safe car. No interior damage despite the 7-9 inch dent on the rear door where my son was.

Sad day.

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
55 Posts
Ouch! Glad to hear the family is OK. That's the important part.

·
Super Moderator
952 Posts
Yeah I'm very thankful for that and Acuras solid frame. Hell of a way to end 2020.
Ugggh! So sorry to see this happen with a brand new car! Good to hear no injuries.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ugggh! So sorry to see this happen with a brand new car! Good to hear no injuries.
Yeah was my first brand new car. Go figure. Families safe though :). The kicker will be when my insurance company comes back and tells me their insurance is expired haha.

·
Super Moderator
952 Posts
Yeah was my first brand new car. Go figure. Families safe though :). The kicker will be when my insurance company comes back and tells me their insurance is expired haha.
Now that would be adding insult to injury!

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well police report just came back and said I'm in the clear... Just waiting on the adjuster. I just think it's funny the officer wrote $1000 estimated damage LOL.

Im curious to see what a new door, quarter panel, lower trim and body work all cost now for a 2021 vehicle. Not to mention it the adjuster says there's frame damage then that's the entire car altogether scrapped. Sad day.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That’s a long time to do the repair. Maybe the officer doing the police report forgot a zero.
They said 4-5 weeks for parts, realistically it's closer to 7-8 weeks with covid and international shipping. Repairs are about a week once everything's here. Couple days to paint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts