Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like at this point I should've waited for the Type S but... Lots of buts...

_
Background: I'm a car guy. Had an EG8, tuned it. Had a 93 Miata, tuned it. E46, tuned it. My last car was a 335i with a tuned n55.

I loved that car but sold it for this TLX which is growing on me alot.
_

First 'but', I can feel the difference coming from 400 tuned down to 272. I want more and I know the K can put it down.
That's literally my only gripe with the car :). I'm very happy with it.

I'm wondering how long it'll take before I start seeing parts on the market? I've been a fan of K series motors since they were born because of their potential. This is my first K and my first 'new' car. The selling points for me were the AWD system, the look, and the K series (I was also impatient and didn't wanna wait until March for the type s).

Anyone wanna talk about warranty's, tuning, and potential? Haha. Just future planning here. I always have lots of tuning/modding questions for cars that are newer than 2015.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What are the Civic Type "R" guys doing with it? There should be lots of mod action going on in that community.

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
I feel like at this point I should've waited for the Type S but... Lots of buts...

_
Background
: I'm a car guy. Had an EG8, tuned it. Had a 93 Miata, tuned it. E46, tuned it. My last car was a 335i with a tuned n55.

I loved that car but sold it for this TLX which is growing on me alot.
_

First 'but', I can feel the difference coming from 400 tuned down to 272. I want more and I know the K can put it down.
That's literally my only gripe with the car :). I'm very happy with it.

I'm wondering how long it'll take before I start seeing parts on the market? I've been a fan of K series motors since they were born because of their potential. This is my first K and my first 'new' car. The selling points for me were the AWD system, the look, and the K series (I was also impatient and didn't wanna wait until March for the type s).

Anyone wanna talk about warranty's, tuning, and potential? Haha. Just future planning here. I always have lots of tuning/modding questions for cars that are newer than 2015.
Welcome to the forum! Post some pictures when you get a chance and let us know whatever mods you undertake!

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! Post some pictures when you get a chance and let us know whatever mods you undertake!
I'll snap some when I leave work here in a few hours but my profile pic is the car. Drove it off the showroom floor :) it was a very good day.

I've only done tint so far as I'm kind of worried to do anything because of the vast amount of questions I have about modding and warranty. All of my previous cars had coilovers and some form of ecu tuning but idk if I wanna mess with this cars suspension because of how well it handles. The ecu on the other hand... Kind of split on engine performance. The trans does lag when shifting between gears. It's noticeable but I don't think anything can be done about that unfortunately.

I was having a discussion with my coworker about shift kits but there's the questions of if anyone will even make one, if the current setup is the extent of what the trans can handle, and if at the end of the day that would even be worth going after to see if you could improve shift times vs cost of whatever happens to come out on the market in three-five years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts