Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Post...True story. Just recently looked for a luxury type of sedan. I was all over the place with different makes and was looking at "new" vehicles. After weeks of trying to stay within my budget, I decided to look at used cars. Went to all the major used car sites (Auto trader, Edmunds, etc.) until I finally found a deal that was too good to be true. 2015 Acura TLX (Graphite color) V6 w/Tech package, clear carfax, and 1 owner...$31,900. At this point, I'm clearly saying in my head that there has got to be something wrong with this car. On top, this TLX is at a Toyota dealership. The mileage must be really high, has dents all over the place, and engines messed up. Clicked further...690 Miles! Inspected all the pictures and everything looked pristine. So I decided to go further and have the dealer contact me. After I populated all the fields with my contact information, the page I was on showed a button for "Your Best Price". Clicked on it...$31,400!. It's getting better and better. I submitted my info. Dealer called within 15 minutes. My conscious is fighting with me this point. Internet manager was very helpful and gave the details. A 71yr old lady purchased the vehicle new from Acura. Loved the car but it was too "techy" for her. She also had trouble getting in and out. Apparently, she's only owned Toyota's and this was her first car out of that make. Long story short, she traded in the TLX to go back to what she knows and got an Avalon. I scheduled an appointment to look at the car. The dealership is 3 hrs away from me but I was willing to take the chance. Got there, they pulled the car up....WOW. This car can't get any newer. Test drive was a dream. I didn't notice anything wrong mechanically and I'm sure the 71 yr old lady didn't drag it daily. Cosmetically, there were a few scratches here and there but was able to be buffed out. The too good to be true ended up being true. With tax, tag, title, etc...$34.2k out the door. Now I'm a new TLX owner and couldn't be happier, spending my time on these forums now with all you fine folks :)

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
I love hearing good news like this. Congratulations. It almost does sound to good to be true. I feel like there is a common used car sales trope where the salesperson says, "it was only used by a little old lady to drive to the pharmacy and back each month to get her perscription." That's basically what you have here.

Wonder how long it was actually up on the site for? Did you catch it immediately or was it lingering there for a while?

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I agree mr.smith! My thoughts exactly...until I got to the finance guy. Low and behold, the same finance guy did the paperwork for this 71 yr old lady. He showed me more details of her transaction than he should've, since I basically told him the story had to be made up. Secondly, after I got home, I was updating the navi with my home address. Her home address was still there. Looked up where she lived and it's a 55 yr old and up community. I live here in Florida. We have a lot of those. We sometimes have to believe that sales people and dealerships do a great job. The majority do not, but I happened to have found this gem of a place and service. Wish there were more lol.

PS - The car posting on cargurus was up for a couple of months. Lady bought it new in March. Traded it in June. They started at $36,999. Dropped it to $34,999. Then the $31,999/$31,400. Them being Toyota couldn't use the car as a demo/loaner. So guessing they just wanted to get rid of the car since it was just sitting. Now the sales guy said we were basically getting the car at cost. Taking that one with a grain of salt but who knows.

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
I should say you are lucky to find such a deal on TLX V6.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Now I'm a new TLX owner and couldn't be happier, spending my time on these forums now with all you fine folks :)
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post is a happy one. :D

Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy the drive.

Are you in North, Central or South Florida? I am in the Southern part of the state myself.

·
Registered
979 Posts
wow now that's a deal! it's not like you picked up some two seater that someone traded in for a minivan so i'd call that a rare find.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Great story and a great color!

Hope the next 690 miles will be enjoyable!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Congratulations on the amazing find! With a bit of buffing for the scratches and waxing, it'll look like that 690 miles never happened.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts