Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the success of the Lexus 300 and Lincoln MKZ hybrids, I think it will be very important for the new TLX to offer a hybrid that meets or exceeds their MPG rating, especially with the city MPG. And if they can follow Lincoln's lead and do so at a similar price point, that will really give sales of the TLX a jolt.

·
Registered
222 Posts
This is true on many levels. If there's any Acura vehicle that needs this, it's the TLX. iIt will be their top seller. Just need to wait for more info at the detroit show in a couple days

·
Registered
430 Posts
It does, It just needs to be different than the Accord Hybrid. People think Lincoln is bad for selling tarted up Fords, but Acura plays pretty much the same game...

·
Registered
339 Posts
told you there wouldn't be a hybrid TLX :)

For all of those who thought there would be

There is no way. It would attack the RLX more than the TLX already does!

·
Registered
727 Posts
with the amazing transmission setup's they're running, a hybrid would be a great addition. DCT Hybird with SH-AWD....SIGN ME UP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
told you there wouldn't be a hybrid TLX :)

For all of those who thought there would be

There is no way. It would attack the RLX more than the TLX already does!
Who said there wouldn't be a hybrid? Just because they didn't talk about it yesterday doesn't mean it won't come. I can guarantee they will make a hybrid of the TLX.

With the current Gen Accord, the hybrid lagged by about a year. With the RLX, the hybrid is going to lag by about a year. My guess is that they will debut the hybrid TLX late this year, perhaps at the LA auto show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts