• Better then Advertized

Votes: 41 41.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to know of those of you who have taken delivery, how do you find the posted MPG or L/100km as compared to real driving conditions?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Great idea. I know for a fact that some new vehicles require you to break them in for some specific mileage range before you start to see it climb. It's going to be interesting to see how common it is (maybe some will be great right off the dealer floor?), and how it may vary by location.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Usually mileage is worse than what the company advertises. I'd be surprised if the TLX actually lived up to the figures that Acura puts out. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

·
Registered
423 Posts
They recently changed the way they do the ratings here in canada for 2015. They run it over 5 cycles instead of the 2 they previously did so the figures I have seen for the MDX for example seem more accurate than before, and there isn't the 2-3 litre difference (sometimes more) in whats on the windshield to what's actually produced!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have the 4 banger had it two days and currently on around 11-12 L per 100kms (in Canada) and I mainly do city driving, not emptied the tank yet though.
This car is learning how I drive though, adjusting rev's etc to my style of driving! I love it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Every manufacturer got a reality check around 2007, when EPA decided to update their rules to post real life MPG, vs. driving in a continuing circle at 40mph for 10 minutes.

When I had my 09 TSX, I averaged 19 MPG in the city and 29 on the hwy. The V6 today won't beet these numbers. Those posting magic MPG, learn to calculate them properly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am averaging 25 mpg per the computer with mostly city stop and go driving over 600 miles. This is a combination of sport and normal modes with the V-6.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
It might be worth checking on your own to see how accurate the car's computer is. My current Honda is off a bit. Normally it reads 1L/100kms lower than it should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Great Mileage even in Sport Mode!

On my third tank now.

I seem to average 35.5 MPG on the highway and 28 combined city/highway in Sport mode using premium gasoline. 75% of my driving is interstate/turnpike. I never just drive in the city alone. Once I take a long trip out of town on the highway, I will manually check the mileage.

I am happy I get this much in Sport. I wonder if the computer can be trusted?

·
Registered
317 Posts
V6 - Tech, 3rd tank of fuel, 'SPORT' IDS Mode, 33.6 MPG avg, 50 MPH avg. I loved the way the car responded in this mode over the 'NORMAL' setting. I am trying 'ECONOMY' mode with this tank of fuel.
These are very impressive numbers. I assume you are running on premium gas ?

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
On my third tank now.

I seem to average 35.5 MPG on the highway and 28 combined city/highway in Sport mode using premium gasoline. 75% of my driving is interstate/turnpike. I never just drive in the city alone. Once I take a long trip out of town on the highway, I will manually check the mileage.

I am happy I get this much in Sport. I wonder if the computer can be trusted?

I would suggest figuring it out manually for a few tanks to confirm what the car is telling you. My current vehicle is off a bit. Still good numbers though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
V6 - Tech, 2nd tank of fuel, 'NORMAL' IDS Mode, 34.2 MPG avg, 50 MPH avg. Trying 'SPORT' mode with this tank of fuel.
V6 - Tech, 3rd tank of fuel, 'SPORT' IDS Mode, 33.6 MPG avg, 50 MPH avg. I loved the way the car responded in this mode over the 'NORMAL' setting. I am trying 'ECONOMY' mode with this tank of fuel.
V6 - Tech, 4th tank of premium fuel, 'ECONOMY' IDS Mode, 33.2 MPG avg, 47 MPH avg. I do not like the way the car performs or the MPG in this mode. I am going to cycle thru the modes again to see if there are any changes due to 'break-in'. I have 1,500 miles on the car now. Back to 'NORMAL' mode with this tank.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
V6 - Tech, 4th tank of premium fuel, 'ECONOMY' IDS Mode, 33.2 MPG avg, 47 MPH avg. I do not like the way the car performs or the MPG in this mode. I am going to cycle thru the modes again to see if there are any changes due to 'break-in'. I have 1,500 miles on the car now. Back to 'NORMAL' mode with this tank.
Thanks. Good to know.

So far I have had great mileage myself. Highway miles are better than expected.

I believe I will leave it in Sports mode. I don't see much difference in MPG, but I will have to look closely to see if this is true. The drive is more fun in Sports mode.

BTW, I am driving the I4 Tech. I just noticed you drive a V6. That's good MPG.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks. Good to know.

So far I have had great mileage myself. Highway miles are better than expected.

I believe I will leave it in Sports mode. I don't see much difference in MPG, but I will have to look closely to see if this is true. The drive is more fun in Sports mode.

BTW, I am driving the I4 Tech. I just noticed you drive a V6. That's good MPG.
I am very happy with the MPG but did expect more in 'ECONOMY' especially with the major difference in response. I did like 'SPORT' the best too. Since there really isn't that big a difference in MPG between the modes, at this point I will most likely use 'NORMAL' or 'SPORT'. I will use the 'ECONOMY' mode if I use the car for a long trip. Right now I only use the car to go back and forth to work, 70 miles round trip, and 2/3 of the trip is highway. I usually cruise at 75 MPH. I am very happy with the MPG and it is as good if not better that my '11 TSX - 4 cyl on the same route.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts