Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, I think the lowered look done with new springs is good. This "dragging the car on the ground" look is too gangster for me. Plus, they cut the car up! Nooooooooo!......

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
If its an AWD one I cant imagine being that low is all that great for the axels and how it would mess with the handling dynamics of the car.

Looks cool but not my style.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The car was simple, clean, and fresh when it rolled off the factory line. Now it is complicated, messy, and ripe. It needs to be introduced to some northen winter snow.

Just shows everyone has different tastes.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Is that an anti-theft device so you can lower the chassis to the street so no one can steal your tires or drive off with your car?

I guess this voids the warranty. >:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
yup, to each their own. Its a free continent but that's definitely not for me. Thanks for the link, entertaining if nothing else.

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
That's the great thing about car forums. We can see all of the different tastes and what can be done with these cars. It's all good info. Maybe not useful for everyone but interesting just the same.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The compressor in the trunk eliminates a lot of trunk space and also prevents one using the fold down features of the back seat to accommodate larger items. Also, with all of the lines they had to disconnect and the modifications they had to make I would suspect there was a good chance that they screwed up some of the many sensors that are built into the car.:(

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's the great thing about car forums. We can see all of the different tastes and what can be done with these cars. It's all good info. Maybe not useful for everyone but interesting just the same.
Exactly, and through that get into mindsets some of us haven't been into, seeing things how others see it, basically expanding our knowledge.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ummmmmm.... No. It's not a 65 Chevy Impala. Some vehicles look ok dropped. 300 comes to mind. The extreme drop here distorts the cars lines. Wheel to wheelhouse looks horrible. A lot of the work that's been done to a few of the TLXs in this forum look great. It's about subtly. This car just doesn't look good on the ground. Sorry.... my two cents.

·
Registered
979 Posts
nice car, but i have yet to ride in a car that preforms better on bags than coilovers unless you're rocking some serious track ready or WRC type bags; and even then a properly dialed in set of ohlin or motons would give bags a run for their money. btw your suspension warranty is voided, ball joints, tie rod ends, bushings, sway bar links etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts