Acura TLX Forum banner

How long did it take from order date to actual drive it home date?

• > 4 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • > 5 months

• > 6 months

• I lost track.

• Cancelled my order and moved on with my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please only submit polling results by being an actual owner/leasee of the new TLX.

Comments can include how long you have waited but the polling should be your final answer since you get polled once.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Placed my order July 8th, but the dealer made no pretence about early delivery. They told me likely end of October and it arrived early October. I didn't harp and they didn't over-promise.

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks like people are getting their TLXs in pretty good time. I wonder if they are buying them off the lot, or if they are ordering them and having them built.

·
Registered
666 Posts
^^ A more detailed survey, breaking down each time response with model purchased, would reveal that answer. I am guessing that many bought off the lot or what was on route to the dealer. I placed an order for specific model and colour and was told 1-3 weeks and they had it in 5 days, but this was right at the start.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ I think along with I4 / V6, color comes into play. Black and white were available soon. I had to wait a month for BRP. I ordered before TLXs were being produced.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I pre-ordered mine on August 8th, the dealer couldn't place the order until August 28th & it was delivered on the night of October 16 & picked it up 2 days later.
I don't believe black & white were available soon, at least not in AWD Adv. trim. I tracked surrounding dealers & they had other colors, but no white in my configuration, even though they still were limited in quantities.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I actually was headed to the Honda dealer to buy an accord (long story, I had sold my 2014 a few months earlier when I quit my job and got a new one faster then I though I would). I had a 2014 fully loaded V6 touring and was looking to buy an Accord Sport 4cy for my 80 mile daily commute. I decided to go check out the Acura dealer first which was a few blocks away. I was thinking TLX or TSX and even possibly ILX. I just wanted to look at them to make sure. They ended up having a TLX 4 banger in the color I wanted on the lot and I left with it. The 4cy base TLX had absolutely everything I actually needed (and not the things I ended up not use on the Accord). I was a *lot* better ridding and luxo then the Accord (even though they are the same car) and ended up being a good $4K less. No doubt a great choice for what I need.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually was headed to the Honda dealer to buy an accord (long story, I had sold my 2014 a few months earlier when I quit my job and got a new one faster then I though I would). I had a 2014 fully loaded V6 touring and was looking to buy an Accord Sport 4cy for my 80 mile daily commute. I decided to go check out the Acura dealer first which was a few blocks away. I was thinking TLX or TSX and even possibly ILX. I just wanted to look at them to make sure. They ended up having a TLX 4 banger in the color I wanted on the lot and I left with it. The 4cy base TLX had absolutely everything I actually needed (and not the things I ended up not use on the Accord). I was a *lot* better ridding and luxo then the Accord (even though they are the same car) and ended up being a good $4K less. No doubt a great choice for what I need.
What color did you get? :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.