Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking to buy (cash deal) a TLX Tech 2.4. Best deal I have right now is $40,500 out the door including all taxes, freight/pdi, winter mats and 35% tint of all windows.

Anyone in Ontario who can comment I would really appreciate it.

Colour I was looking at white with espresso, red with black or slate silver with black. Any comments on colours would also be great.

Thanks

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hey guys,

Looking to buy (cash deal) a TLX Tech 2.4. Best deal I have right now is $40,500 out the door including all taxes, freight/pdi, winter mats and 35% tint of all windows.

Colour I was looking at white with espresso, red with black or slate silver with black. Any comments on colours would also be great.

Thanks
Sorry I missed your first post. Welcome to the Forum!

I am sure we have someone here from Ontario that can help. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wow ! That's an awesome deal. If they didn't touch the price of PDI then it means that you are getting more than 5K under MSRP + free mats and tint (if my quick math is correct), including all cash incentives.

·
Registered
438 Posts
ya good deal, go for it

silver has been the best color to hide snow or rain dirt compared to other colors, but that's my opinion in terms of "clean looking". white and black exterior show dirt very easily, especially the former. something for you to consider since you are in ontario = snow

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Yes. That sounds like a great deal. The Acura website shows it at around $45,700. That's not including the tint.

I'm partial to the white if you're taking options on color choices. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Yes I had three dealers quoting me and I guess because it's a cash deal and two neighbouring competing dealerships the pencils got sharpened.

Taking one for an overnight test drive Wednesday night and if I love it as much as I did during the first 10 minute drive I will sign the paperwork.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yes. That sounds like a great deal. The Acura website shows it at around $45,700. That's not including the tint.

I'm partial to the white if you're taking options on color choices. ;)
Have you seen the new type of tint called electronic tint?
If you have or haven't already, you might want to look into it

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Have you seen the new type of tint called electronic tint?
If you have or haven't already, you might want to look into it
@typeess, please explain Electronic Tint, but maybe in it's own thread. I'd like to learn about it. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks
Could I use this as leverage for my own negotiations? Would they want to see a copy of the offer? This is MUCH better than what I have been offered in Ottawa. If you are in Toronto this is very good incentive to head to the GTA for a better deal.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
It's worth a shot. As Toronto is a larger market they may be able to sell for lower prices based on volume. Did you check at the dealer in Gatineau? Based on my experience they seem to be a bit better. Otherwise it might be worth the drive...provided you can get the same deal of course. Good luck!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well, I have to admit that I've been scratching my head in disbelieve since I saw this number as this is a massive discount, even without the 1K cash discount. How can a dealer afford such a deal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Send me a pm and I will send you the contact info for my sales rep and you can likely get the same deal.

Picked up a white tech for a longer test drive and have it in my garage now. Really love how it handles and it feels very nimble, quiet and lots of good technology.

·
Registered
13 Posts
^^ Agreed. I wouldn't make the trip until I knew for sure those numbers would be available to me.
I did the calculations. Assuming his numbers are real and correct he got 10.3% off MSRP for the model.

I4 Tech
Base: 34,711.71
Freight & PDI: 2,129.00
Cash Incentive: -1,000.00
Subtotal: 35,840.71
Tax: 4,659.29
Total: $40,500.00

He paid $3,978.29 below MSRP. It seems unrealistic, but I have seen crazier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After the deal is done I will scan my bill of sale taking out my personal info and post it here for any doubters and shoppers. If the mod is ok with I will post contact info for my sales rep and anyone else can contact her directly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did the calculations. Assuming his numbers are real and correct he got 10.3% off MSRP for the model.

I4 Tech

Wrong. The base price is $38,690 and the discount took the price down to $33,210.76. Add in $920 for PDI, $1,075 for freight, $100 for AC tax, 29.95 for tire tax, $5 civic tax, $500 for tint and winter mats, $4659.29 for HST and you get $40,500.

Those numbers right from the bill of sale.

·
Registered
317 Posts

I4 Tech

You are showing 34.7 price for the I4 Base but we are talking about I4 Tech, if I read the initial post correctly. Tech is 38.6 plus 2,129 for F&PDI. On top of that we are talking about tint job and floor and trunk mats. In this case, it is more than 5K below MSRP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys would have been even more shocked by the deal I got on a new 2012 MDX a couple of years ago. $10k off MSRP.

I am a sales executive and a good negotiator to put it mildly.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well, so I was right. Looks like our posts crossed in the process. So it is more like 15% below MSRP then.
If you are a repeat customer I would expect some extra room for maneuver. If you are a sales executive and from Acura I am all convinced :) Otherwise, I would fire the guy who sold you this car on such a discount if I owned the dealership :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.