Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I got keyed or what may have caused it but my mirror cover got scratched on the passenger side. I ordered a new one but am afraid to remove the old one for fear of breaking something. Thanks for any help. Dave
IMG_4293.JPG

·
Super Moderator
838 Posts
Sorry about your misfortune and I can't help with the cover replacement but welcome to the forum! Have you talked to your dealer to get a quote on what they would charge? I can't imagine it would be too crazy expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about your misfortune and I can't help with the cover replacement but welcome to the forum! Have you talked to your dealer to get a quote on what they would charge? I can't imagine it would be too crazy expensive.
Not yet. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
217 Posts
From a quick Google search: "...it requires removing two screws that keep the cap in place. You access the screws by tilling down the mirror and using a long arm star key wrench. Once you remove the screws they pop off by sliding the caps out and up. "

You should be able to verify this by looking at the inside of your new one. (?)

Reactions: Dave M

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From a quick Google search: "...it requires removing two screws that keep the cap in place. You access the screws by tilling down the mirror and using a long arm star key wrench. Once you remove the screws they pop off by sliding the caps out and up. "

You should be able to verify this by looking at the inside of your new one. (?)
Thanks very much. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You're quite welcome. Let us know how it works out, and if you DIY, maybe snap a couple of pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts