Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone can explain how the CD player in the TLX can play CDs and by the time the player finishes playing the third song, the entire CD has been ripped to HDD?

Being the tech in me, I enjoy knowing how things work.

Does it buffer to memory and read ahead to burn?

I would think it would burn as it played the song, each one at a time. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I believe it is the same as ripping a CD while playing it on the computer. The Acura manual warns that there is some reduction in sound quality, so I wish one could choose to rip at normal speed vs. rapid ripping.

I finally got around to downloading my Amazon mp3 files from the cloud (I have the CDs)
So we have the choice of the Navi ripping the files to the HDD or copying the mp3 files onto a USB stick. One has more flexibility in arranging the folders using one's computer and Windows Explorer (Sorry iPad fans) to a master folder I call TLX 1, 2, and 3. I can then copy the whole folder to a 16 GB usb 3.0 drive. With two thumb drives, one can update and rearrange the master while still listening to the current drive left in the car.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it is the same as ripping a CD while playing it on the computer. The Acura manual warns that there is some reduction in sound quality, so I wish one could choose to rip at normal speed vs. rapid ripping.

I finally got around to downloading my Amazon mp3 files from the cloud (I have the CDs)
So we have the choice of the Navi ripping the files to the HDD or copying the mp3 files onto a USB stick. One has more flexibility in arranging the folders using one's computer and Windows Explorer (Sorry iPad fans) to a master folder I call TLX 1, 2, and 3. I can then copy the whole folder to a 16 GB usb 3.0 drive. With two thumb drives, one can update and rearrange the master while still listening to the current drive left in the car.
I didn't notice any degradation of sound quality, personally. But when it rips on the computer does it rip while playing and ripping the songs you haven't listened to yet?

USB is a nice alternative audio source. I wish the album art would work on HDD.

Have you figured out how to use playlists on the USB audio source?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts