Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone noticed this on your TLX I4? Yesterday while driving I could clearly see hood vibration while idling at stop light, it got worse with AC on. Is it because the hood is light weight because it is made of aluminum panel? May be. Let me know if anyone else noticed it. Not sure if it gets any better after I drive for few more miles(have only 150 miles on it till now LOL).

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Anyone noticed this on your TLX I4? Yesterday while driving I could clearly see hood vibration while idling at stop light, it got worse with AC on. Is it because the hood is light weight because it is made of aluminum panel? May be. Let me know if anyone else noticed it. Not sure if it gets any better after I drive for few more miles(have only 150 miles on it till now LOL).
I believe the dealer can fix that. Maybe the risers are set too low and do not support the hood properly.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I believe the dealer can fix that. Maybe the risers are set too low and do not support the hood properly.
Dealer should be able to fix it no questions asked.

Unless of course OP got into an accident that threw off the alignment of the hood, but if that was the case it would probably be mentioned or not at all.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I too noticed this on my I4 last week.
It seems to be vibrating closer to the windshield than the front of the car.

Keep us posted if the dealer can fix it as I might have them do the same.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Makes me want to open the glove box and jam in a Beach Boys 8-track......oh wait!:eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have a new TLX 4 tech and, while I like it overall, it seems to have more engine vibration than I expected (or that the loaner, base 4-cyl did).

It makes me wonder if something like your hood problem is affecting me too.

Any luck with this? Has anyone else felt too much vibration through pedals and steering wheel?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi,

I have a new TLX 4 tech and, while I like it overall, it seems to have more engine vibration than I expected (or that the loaner, base 4-cyl did).

It makes me wonder if something like your hood problem is affecting me too.

Any luck with this? Has anyone else felt too much vibration through pedals and steering wheel?
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. Sorry to hear that you are having excessive vibration issues. Have you mentioned this issue to the dealer? My I4 Tech has no such issues.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Zero vibration with my I-4 base...

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm also feeling some vibrations, but they seem to be like wheel balancing issue. I will told my dealer but I didn't had the time yet.
If it is that, after a few miles if tire is moving a little bit it can unbalance a wheel, it is for me a normal thing that can happen.

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
I'm also feeling some vibrations, but they seem to be like wheel balancing issue. I will told my dealer but I didn't had the time yet.
If it is that, after a few miles if tire is moving a little bit it can unbalance a wheel, it is for me a normal thing that can happen.
Check your lug nuts for proper torque. Sounds silly, but if you did move wheels around, or took them off to install splash guards, check the wheel nuts. They do loosen if not at proper torque. The local tire store, with lifetime rotation, always reminds me to return to get the lug nuts checked. I do it at home myself. (80 ft-lbs).

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am the OP.

I did not notice hood vibration since I opened the thread, may be I enjoy driving my TLX so much that I don't notice anything around me anymore.:laugh:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Check your lug nuts for proper torque. Sounds silly, but if you did move wheels around, or took them off to install splash guards, check the wheel nuts. They do loosen if not at proper torque. The local tire store, with lifetime rotation, always reminds me to return to get the lug nuts checked. I do it at home myself. (80 ft-lbs).
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I don't have a torque wrench to verify they are well locked. But I have less than 400 miles on it. I will tell it to my dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I bought a new TLX 2.4L tech 2017 two weeks ago, I had hood vibration issue at idle, around or below 750 RPM. Sometimes it is okay, sometimes it had serious vibration.
I am considering stopping by a dealer some time soon, but is this an easy fix?

Also, I can see the vibration on the passenger seat (empty) at idle from time to time when the engine RPM is around 700. I am new to Acura, and I wonder if this is normal for an Acura. :(

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Hi,

I bought a new TLX 2.4L tech 2017 two weeks ago, I had hood vibration issue at idle, around or below 750 RPM. Sometimes it is okay, sometimes it had serious vibration.
I am considering stopping by a dealer some time soon, but is this an easy fix?

Also, I can see the vibration on the passenger seat (empty) at idle from time to time when the engine RPM is around 700. I am new to Acura, and I wonder if this is normal for an Acura. :(
Welcome to the forum! If you don't think it's normal, a trip to the dealer can't hurt. As you can see from the various posts in the forum, different people talk about vibrations for different reasons. I would also suggest taking another one for a drive to see if it acts the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this thread is old anyone ever get the hood vibration repaired? I have a hood shutter at highway speeds, say above 70mph. The hood bounces and shutters especially when I am behind someone. Just wondering?

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
Are you the original owner? If so you have a pretty good warranty. Take it to the dealer for a service check out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually I just bought the car it’s a 2019 TLX Adv AWD. 10k miles. I’m at the dealer now, going to take the service manager for a ride so he can see it. The tech wouldn’t go above 60mph. Hey speed limit is 65 near the dealership. And it doesn’t start shaking or fluttering till 70 and when I’m around other cars getting buffered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Resurrecting this as I just bought a 2018 V6 SH-AWD Tech and I am getting this issue at highway+ speeds. It is like it is buffeting in the wind. Emailed the dealer so will see what he says; wondering if AL-IN-AK got this addressed?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts