Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello TLX Community...

I'm an American Honda associate, and work at the Honda Power Equipment division (mowers, generators, small-gas engines, outboards, etc.). I have a new TLX on order, and it will probably be a '15, but might end up being a '16 depending on when they stop/start building each model. My current ride is a '15 Honda Accord Coupe (V6/6MT) which is a blast to drive. Ready to trade off the torque-steering, manual transmission 2-door for a floppy-paddle automatic with AWD and more luxury bits.

So if you'll indulge my newbie TLX questions, I'll be happy to answer any you might have on small-gas-engine Honda stuff.

Previous rides:
2014 Acura MDX
(various years) Honda Accords/Civics
2006 Acura RL SH-AWD
2001 Acura CL
1991 Porsche C4 Coupe

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please let us know which TLX model, and color you are getting. Also, where in general your TLX will reside. We have members from all over the North American continent, some U.S. territories, and even Russia (according to one of our moderators). We love to try and answer questions on this forum and even ask a few of our own.:)

Most of us enjoy driving our TLX's though some have had issues. I have had mine since the end of February and find that my biggest problem is trying to figure out how to make my five minute chore turn into a thirty minute fun drive.>:D

I'm sure you will love the smooth, quiet ride that the TLX offers.0:)

Even after you get your TLX and get your questions answered stick with us and contribute often. We are always learning something new here.;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Please let us know which TLX model, and color you are getting. Also, where in general your TLX will reside.
It will be a V6/AT/SH-AWD/Advance in Basque Red, w/underbody spoilers (front/rear/side), decklid spoiler, and the woodgrain steering wheel.

Since it is a somewhat custom order, it may end up being a '16 if production orders for '15s have been stopped (not sure). Car will live in Alpharetta, GA (northside metro Atlanta).

FYI, Honda associates have a choice of a 20k or 30k mile 1-year lease; I must supply insurance and pay for any non-scheduled maintenance.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nice, and welcome.

I haven't seen any of the woodgrain finish yet on the steering wheel. Would be very interested to see you post pics of that when it arrives!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello TLX Community...

I'm an American Honda associate, and work at the Honda Power Equipment division (mowers, generators, small-gas engines, outboards, etc.). I have a new TLX on order, and it will probably be a '15, but might end up being a '16 depending on when they stop/start building each model. My current ride is a '15 Honda Accord Coupe (V6/6MT) which is a blast to drive. Ready to trade off the torque-steering, manual transmission 2-door for a floppy-paddle automatic with AWD and more luxury bits.

So if you'll indulge my newbie TLX questions, I'll be happy to answer any you might have on small-gas-engine Honda stuff.

Previous rides:
2014 Acura MDX
(various years) Honda Accords/Civics
2006 Acura RL SH-AWD
2001 Acura CL
1991 Porsche C4 Coupe
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see your first posts. :)

Great color selection. :D

Feel free to ask questions, but sometimes the search tool may give you a quicker reply.

Frequent members have become real familiar with the 2015 TLX. If you ever get any news on the 2016 TLX, I know we would be interested. Then again, if you find anything on the 2015 TLX we missed, please share. There is a lot of tech on the TLX.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yea I'd like to see the wood grain steering wheel as well. I could see that looking dated, or really nice and modern. Looking forward to pictures. Always great to have people who work for the company on the forum. Get some insider info. :D

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've got some time to do some research before you get your car. The wait is the worst part about getting a new car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It will be a V6/AT/SH-AWD/Advance in Basque Red, w/underbody spoilers (front/rear/side), decklid spoiler, and the woodgrain steering wheel.

Since it is a somewhat custom order, it may end up being a '16 if production orders for '15s have been stopped (not sure). Car will live in Alpharetta, GA (northside metro Atlanta).

FYI, Honda associates have a choice of a 20k or 30k mile 1-year lease; I must supply insurance and pay for any non-scheduled maintenance.
SUMMEST's heart is going pitty patty or your color choice. :D

The last time I was in Atlanta was for what we northerners referred to as the second siege of Atlanta. I was with the Indiana National Guard helping with security for the 1996 Olympic games.0:)

·
Super Moderator
1,008 Posts
Hello TLX Community...

I'm an American Honda associate, and work at the Honda Power Equipment division (mowers, generators, small-gas engines, outboards, etc.). I have a new TLX on order, and it will probably be a '15, but might end up being a '16 depending on when they stop/start building each model...
I'm sure you used the Employee Incentive program?! I took advantage of my daughter's "Associate" status to get the "certificate" price without the cost of getting the certificate!! The price also dropped during that time, so I saved another $250 plus the cost of the certificate.
Will you go to Marysville to pick it up, or will it get shipped to your local dealer?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sure you used the Employee Incentive program?!
Will you go to Marysville to pick it up, or will it get shipped to your local dealer?
My TLX will be a 1-year lease; I believe the incentive program only applies to purchases.

Honda/Acura lease cars are all shipped to a local Acura dealer, then I drop by the local Honda/Acura zone office and pick up the car. But, it would be way cool to do a factory pick-up!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got a production date range today; looks like my TLX will get built between 7/26 and 7/30.

Transport from Ohio to Georgia, , set-up, waiting for a license plate from the lease co., turn-in of old car, etc. will mean another 20+ days, so should be mid Aug. when I finally get it...:|

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Got a production date range today; looks like my TLX will get built between 7/26 and 7/30.

Transport from Ohio to Georgia, , set-up, waiting for a license plate from the lease co., turn-in of old car, etc. will mean another 20+ days, so should be mid Aug. when I finally get it...:|
Congratulations! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts