Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
Took the plunge and traded in my 2008 Pilot for a 2015 TLX 2.4 Tech and no regrets. Absolutely love the car and all of the technology, but really love the gas mileage, the incredibly quiet ride and the fantastic ELS sound system. I have owned plenty of Honda products going back to my 1985 Prelude. Currently in my house we have a 2004 CRV, 2006 Accord EX-V6 coupe and a 2012 CRV (plus a Honda lawnmower & snowblower) Originally I was going to hold off until late next summer when my wife's car was paid off but the Acura incentive off the $500 in accessories and two payments up to $1,000 pushed up the timeline. I look forward to the forums and communicating with the other members.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Welcome!

I saw your earlier post and didn't refresh my browser to see this one. Glad your here.

I have a Tech I4 myself in Basque Red Pearl II. Really love the feel and drive of the TLX. Had it for 2 weeks.

What color and accessories did you get?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Morning,

I have the Black Copper with Espresso interior. For accessories I have the splash guards, LED fog lights and chrome door strips. There is one photo in my "garage". The color is going to be fun to keep clean but it is a cool color, it changes from black to a deep metallic brown in the sunlight. I'm very happy with the car, no issues so far.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Good Morning,

I have the Black Copper with Espresso interior. For accessories I have the splash guards, LED fog lights and chrome door strips. There is one photo in my "garage". The color is going to be fun to keep clean but it is a cool color, it changes from black to a deep metallic brown in the sunlight. I'm very happy with the car, no issues so far.
I checked out the photo of Tilly. Very nice color combo, especially when in the sun. Also a good pick of accessories.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You moved from Honda to Acura. Honda must be so proud. That is exactly what they want to have their customers do. Post up a picture of your new TLX when you get the chance. Did you look into any other cars before settling on the TLX?

·
Registered
430 Posts
The Combo I'm seriously leaning towards, black copper has an unreal sheen to it in the right kind of light. I feel like the espresso interior really helps to bring it out, at least visually from near/in the car...

Welcome!

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
You moved from Honda to Acura. Honda must be so proud. That is exactly what they want to have their customers do. Post up a picture of your new TLX when you get the chance. Did you look into any other cars before settling on the TLX?
Didn't most of us start out Honda owners?

I thought that was part of life. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Mr Smith,

I had checked out the Mazda 6 prior to purchasing the TLX but for pretty much the same money I could own an Acura, which feels a lot more refined than the Mazda, had a more modern interior, didn't look like a Hyundai Sonata from the rear and should hold its value much better. Plus my Honda blood wouldn't let me get too serious about the Mazda. I never test drove but would "build" the BMW 328, Mercedes C class and the Lexus IS on line but by time I added all of the features that I wanted in the Acura the other contenders were right around $50,000 - way beyond my budget. I didn't even test drive the V-6 TLX because the Tech pkg was more important to me than the extra horsepower, so I figured I would test the 2.4 and if I liked it I would go for it, which I did.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Interesting, I was considering Mazda 6 very briefly as well but with the diesel option. Didn't like the ride and I don't think there is any comparison to TLX when you look at the interior. Besides, they still didn't deliver the diesel engine they have been promising for about a year now and I lost interest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts