Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, did anyone get the Honda/Acura rebate with the purchase of their new TLX? My dealer messed up my paperwork and didn't get me the rebate. It has delayed my transaction as I am going through Honda/Acura customer service to get back to me. Can you tell me about your experience getting the rebate or dealing with their customer service reps?

Basically what happened was the financing paperwork was submitted, the loan was approved, but the dealer never told me I had to give them a copy of my current Honda's state registration in order to qualify for the rebate. I sent them the registration on Sept 2nd so they would have everything to transfer my plates. It turns out it was also the last day for the rebate to be submitted. Since they didn't get it until night time and opened the email on the 3rd they didn't submit it. When I called a week later to see when they would have my preferred order at the dealership they called me back 2 days later telling me they never looked for the car because they want to know if I still wanted the car since I wouldn't get the $1,500 rebate offer. So for 8 or 9 days they couldn't call me to tell me they didn't get the rebate through. The dealer won't talk to Honda finance about it and the most they will do for me is make the first payment of $500, so I am out another payment of $500 in a debit card and $500 in accessories.

I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks all.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Hello, did anyone get the Honda/Acura rebate with the purchase of their new TLX? My dealer messed up my paperwork and didn't get me the rebate.
I see this is your first post. Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry to hear of your issues.

I applied for my "certificate" quite some time before the car shipped. It's crazy I had to prove loyalty when I bought three other cars from the same dealer. But I played the game. I kept a copy of the certificate and my salesman had a copy on file. I put $500 down with a credit card that was never used, just held in case I backed out.

In my situation, the certificate worked as advertised. The first car payment was made and I got nearly $500 in accessories. I am waiting for the Visa credit card to arrive in the mail for the remaining car payment.

I would make noise with the dealer about your situation. I would talk with Acura HQ directly and state your case. I would also visit another dealer, if possible.

(One thing to be concerned with is that the $500 accessories only covers the MSRP costs and not the installation. While still a good deal, it has some caveats.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, this is my very first post. I so love my TLX. My husband got it for my birthday. My previous car is a 2005 Honda Accord. Just hit the 200K mark on that baby and it still rides like a champion. Did I say how much I love my TLX by the way. Quick question for my forum friends - what is the rebate everyone is speaking of? It was never mentioned to me. Did financing have to be by a specific lender or dealer?

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Hi, this is my very first post. I so love my TLX.

Quick question for my forum friends - what is the rebate everyone is speaking of? It was never mentioned to me. Did financing have to be by a specific lender or dealer?
Welcome to the Forum.

Are you referring to the program offered in the US?

It was called the Advantage Program. Supposedly you had to enroll prior to the car being available. I saw this on the US site, I am not sure if it was offered in Canada. It no longer appears on the website.

The offer was to get two car payments paid by Acura and also receive $500 worth of accessories (not counting installation fees). They also offered fairly good financing. Financing was through Acura/Honda Finance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got my $500 debit card in the mail yesterday, along with a set of wine glasses emblazoned with the Acura logo. I had the spoiler installed for my $500 accessory credit, and even though it was over $600 with labor, the dealer didn't charge me the extra $$ over the $500 credit. Pretty cool!

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
I just got my $500 debit card in the mail yesterday, along with a set of wine glasses emblazoned with the Acura logo. I had the spoiler installed for my $500 accessory credit, and even though it was over $600 with labor, the dealer didn't charge me the extra $$ over the $500 credit. Pretty cool!
I see it is your first post. Welcome to the Forum.

How long did it take to receive the $500 debit card. It's been 2 weeks for me and I was wondering when I should ping Acura.

Don't think I will get the wine glasses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honda/Acura Loyalty Incentive Rebate Followup

Hello all, after two weeks of phone tag with the regional manager of Acura client relations I was told that the rebate incentive had to be issued with the financing paperwork by Sept 2nd. Even though the salesperson did not understand what paperwork needed to be filed by what date there was nothing Honda/Acura relations could do but speak to the dealer and suggest to them to work something out. The dealer did not return my calls and made no adjustments to their prior offer of making the first $500 payment. I asked Acura relations what they will do and they said the dealer would go through incentive training again. So it was a month since I left a deposit and I was at a loss of $1,000 in incentives.

I called a couple of other dealers and found one that had the TLX with my specifications in stock, and would sell me the car for the same price as the first dealer and also reduce the price the additional $500.

I won't use Honda/Acura financing this time, the dealer also works with the company that holds my mortgage and the rate is at 1.49%, less than Honda/Acura's 1.9% rate.

I'll finally pick up my new TLX on Tuesday.

BTW: The first dealer never returned any of my calls, the GM saw me walk in and didn't come out until a salesman told him I was there for the refund of my deposit. He had no explanation for what happened other than saying he wasn't aware of a problem until it was too late.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I see it is your first post. Welcome to the Forum.

How long did it take to receive the $500 debit card. It's been 2 weeks for me and I was wondering when I should ping Acura.

Don't think I will get the wine glasses.
Thanks! I picked up my TLX on Aug. 21 so it took a little over a month to get my card.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I picked up my new TLX on Tuesday. I got the i4 in Basque Red Pearl, basic model. Also just purchased the rear deck spoiler and wheel locks. My friend's family owns a collision shop and they will install it, just like they did to my old Accord EX.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
I picked up my new TLX on Tuesday. I got the i4 in Basque Red Pearl, basic model. Also just purchased the rear deck spoiler and wheel locks. My friend's family owns a collision shop and they will install it, just like they did to my old Accord EX.
Fantastic. That is a great color. Good luck with it. Any pics to show?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.