Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
223 Posts
but why are you looking for the highest mileage 2021 TLX 2.0L? Most are still pretty new so the highest mileage one would be maybe 5-6k miles now or so

·
Registered
2015 TLX Advance V6
63 Posts
I have 92,000 miles on my 2015 TLX advance V6. Runs perfect.

Below you will find 74 TLX's with over 100K miles on carfax. Service history included.
The highest miles for a 4 cyl. is almost 190K miles.
For the V6 there is one with over 170K miles.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,067 Posts
74k on my 2015. Getting split between two other vehicles.

Reactions: Natasha C.

·
Registered
2015 TLX Advance V6
63 Posts
I have 92,000 miles on my 2015 TLX advance V6. Runs perfect.

Below you will find 74 TLX's with over 100K miles on carfax. Service history included.
The highest miles for a 4 cyl. is almost 190K miles.
For the V6 there is one with over 170K miles.

Here is a NY TLX V6 with 232,000 miles selling for $10K, 1st owner averaged 45K miles per yr., 2nd 39K miles per yr.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The 2021 does NOT have the same powerplant as the 2015-2020 models. It's a Turbo 4 which is a more complex engine, with more components and with higher low end torque than the i4 and V6. A smaller turbo 4cyl engine that produces 276hp is automatically less reliable than a naturally aspirated 3.5L V6 that makes about the same (less pressure and less low end torque = less wear, and less stuff = less stuff that can fail)

Then again this is a Honda, not a Chrysler (Jeep/Dodge). Just do your standard maintenance (oil change once a year or every 6000 miles, whichever happens first) and less reliable probably just means it will go from 0.01% to 0.02% failure rate after X years or something...

The turbo i4 used in the TLX is the same as in the RDX, and a variant of the Honda K20C family of engines. It's been used in its 2.0T form since 2015 in the Honda Civic Type R too (with a bit more boost, to over 300hp)

Some other variants of the Honda K engine (turbo inline 4) are used in all kinds of very reliable Honda/Acura cars since 2001, including some versions of the CR-V, Odyssey, TSX, RSX, Accord, Civic, Integra, CSX, etc. So I'd say you're safe with the powerplant of the 2021 TLX. It can do plenty of miles.

PS: I own a 2018 V6 TLX. Fantastic motor, so smooth. And it pushes pretty hard if you rev it. I recommend it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
In reality the naturally aspirated V6 is smoother and will outlast a forced induction engine. The 3.5 @ 80mph gets 33 mpg. The turbo I4 gets a little less. The 3.5 has enough miles under its belt to be a proven reliable performer!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 2021 does NOT have the same powerplant as the 2015-2020 models. It's a Turbo 4 which is a more complex engine, with more components and with higher low end torque than the i4 and V6. A smaller turbo 4cyl engine that produces 276hp is automatically less reliable than a naturally aspirated 3.5L V6 that makes about the same (less pressure and less low end torque = less wear, and less stuff = less stuff that can fail)

Then again this is a Honda, not a Chrysler (Jeep/Dodge). Just do your standard maintenance (oil change once a year or every 6000 miles, whichever happens first) and less reliable probably just means it will go from 0.01% to 0.02% failure rate after X years or something...

The turbo i4 used in the TLX is the same as in the RDX, and a variant of the Honda K20C family of engines. It's been used in its 2.0T form since 2015 in the Honda Civic Type R too (with a bit more boost, to over 300hp)

Some other variants of the Honda K engine (turbo inline 4) are used in all kinds of very reliable Honda/Acura cars since 2001, including some versions of the CR-V, Odyssey, TSX, RSX, Accord, Civic, Integra, CSX, etc. So I'd say you're safe with the powerplant of the 2021 TLX. It can do plenty of miles.

PS: I own a 2018 V6 TLX. Fantastic motor, so smooth. And it pushes pretty hard if you rev it. I recommend it.
Thanks, I appreciate the explanation of the engines and the wear and tear. I loved the Honda V6 engine and should have stuck with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.