Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a long history with Acura. I started with an '06 CSX, '09 TSX and a '13 TSX. I currently own a '12 Kia Optima as a second car. I just bought the 2.4L tech package in crystal black pearl with expresso leather, launch kit (front, rear and side underbody spoiler and rear deck lid spoiler) and 19" diamond cut alloy wheels with low profile performance summer tires. In addition, I still get the 18" wheel and swapped out the OEM tire with a Michelin X-ice3. But, I am going to call the dealership tomorrow and switch out the Michelin for the Nokian Hakkapelitta R. All in with taxes etc for $41,000 and change.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Good idea for the winters. I've have the Michelins on my current vehicle and they're great. I don't think you could go wrong with either option. Winnipeg definitely calls for winter tires.

Welcome to the forum! You should post some pictures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will. I bought the car yesterday and they have to install the launch kit and I will not be able to pick up, due to work reasons, until the next weekend. I do have one pic of the interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have a long history with Acura. I started with an '06 CSX, '09 TSX and a '13 TSX. I currently own a '12 Kia Optima as a second car. I just bought the 2.4L tech package in crystal black pearl with expresso leather, launch kit (front, rear and side underbody spoiler and rear deck lid spoiler) and 19" diamond cut alloy wheels with low profile performance summer tires. In addition, I still get the 18" wheel and swapped out the OEM tire with a Michelin X-ice3. But, I am going to call the dealership tomorrow and switch out the Michelin for the Nokian Hakkapelitta R. All in with taxes etc for $41,000 and change.
Congrats ! This is a very nice looking package (too bad my wife would not let me get smth like that:)

Btw, 41K sounds like a phenomenal deal; are you sure it is 41K after taxes for I4Tech + the launch kit ? Not to mention this outrageous PDI/Freight penalty...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, I am sure on the price. I got a phenomenal deal on the launch kit and was told that the 18" wheels come with the deal. So I swapped out the OEM tires on the 17" and am getting winters. I couldn't pass this one up as the 18" wheels actually cost more than the launch kit. We were going to do one last minute look at the Lexus IS 250 but just decided on the TLX as the deal was too awesome.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yup, I am sure on the price. I got a phenomenal deal on the launch kit and was told that the 18" wheels come with the deal. So I swapped out the OEM tires on the 17" and am getting winters. I couldn't pass this one up as the 18" wheels actually cost more than the launch kit. We were going to do one last minute look at the Lexus IS 250 but just decided on the TLX as the deal was too awesome.
Wow ! This is really a phenomenal deal !

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Yes guys, those who got the launch kit, not only get the tires and 19", but also the OEM 18" come as well. Its awesome!!

Congrats on the deal buddy. Nice name by the way... lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
that's sick! I imagine your car will look exactly like the one they have sitting in the showroom at crown acura?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I stand corrected. $41,000 was the pre-tax price. The total price was $45,000 and a few dollars here and there. Came in under $45,100. This included launch package, 19" rims and tires and switching of OEM tires on the 18" rims to Michelin X-ice 3.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Oh baby.... this is exactly my setup! I got an email from the dealer, they're getting them in, so this are looking great. What a beauty....

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's also like my setup (except AWD). That looks really good! I even got an email today from my dealer that my car will arrive in the next 10 days. I think in typical Acura fashion they just get better looking the more you look at them. Unlike some vehicles that look great when you first see them but quickly lose their luster after a short period of time. Kind of like pop music versus AC/DC.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
What is your estimated delivery date?
Dealer emailed me today, they got 1 SH-AWD demo in stock, going to test drive it wednesday. He's putting my car for sale or putting it to get a lease takeover, and hopefully I should get mine within a few weeks, I'll get more info when I see him wednesday!

·
Registered
11 Posts
according to the dealership your post tax price on your lease was around $49,000 not $45,000 like you stated. I don't know what you were trying to achieve by lying to everyone here about the price you paid but nice try.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
SP90, you need to get your facts straight. I paid under $45,100, out the door, for the I4 tech package with launch kit (which included the 19" diamond cut rims) with X-ice 3 mounted on the 18" OEM rims. $4000 was added to that price because I had negative equity on a 2013 TSX early lease return. It was my second TSX and after driving the TLX, I decided that I do not mind trading it in now, despite the negative equity. Since I had no intention of buying out the TSX after the lease expired I decided to pull the trigger now on the TLX. Negative equity on the previous lease has no bearing on the TLX price. The facts are the TLX was under $45,100 out the door. SP90, before you start branding someone a liar perhaps you could just ask them to clarify. I do not know what you are trying to achieve by calling someone a liar. You are more than welcome to view the paperwork.

I am willing to stand behind my TLX price, out the door, with a nice friendly bet. How about a $150 gift cert from 529 Wellington steak house? Are you willing to put your Sherlock Holmes sleuthing skills on the line and match? If not, a simple apology will suffice.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts