Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I just found this forum about a week ago. I have started looking to replace my 2006 Honda Accord EX 6 cyl. It recently hit 200,000 miles. Still has plenty of life, so it might get bumped down to kid duty. Anyhow, I have test drove a new Accord, but have always liked Acura's. My wife always thought it was just me wanting "something fancy".. until I actually got her to test drive the new TLX. Now she's the one that has to have that car. We live in the Ohio.
As I said, I found this forum a little over a week ago when I started seriously considering a TLX. It's been a great resource! My wife and I started out looking at primarily used/service loaner TLX's with like 6,000-10,000 miles. Specifically the 2.4 with tech package. However, it's hard to find the right combination of options, interior, and exterior color in a used TLX... as there aren't much of them around my area. So, we started to consider a new one. However, in speaking with the salesman, we kept saying that we wanted a service loaner. I would hint at the possibility of a new car purchase just to see what he might come up with. He can see we're serious buyers. I met him in person at the dealer to take for a test drive, then left without talking numbers. Since then it's been over email, but no numbers have been exchanged... until today. Out of the blue he emails with:

"With the current incentives and if you can make a purchasing decision prior to month end, I'll let you steel one from me. I have a black/black 4 cyl tech stk# you can buy for $33,188 + tax, doc, & title. That's a sick deal but you must take delivery my 6/29 @ 8:00.

I'll stress again, you will not purchase a new car for less then a service loaner. I'm offering this deal because we are 6 sedans away from a sales bonus from Acura. This IS the 'wise' money and the best deal I can offer you."

So, my rather long winded question is, what does the forum think about this deal?? As I said, this was the first number thrown out.. but he does seem to indicate that he can't go lower. So, if he can't go lower should I try and get some freebies as well??

Once I purchase the TLX, I plan to be an active member of this forum and contribute as best as I can.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I can't speak to the deals in the U.S. but I would suggest to try another dealership to see if their numbers are similar. You could also use the Acura website to maybe get an idea of the discount he's giving you based on the MSRP.

I have found that there seem to be more incentives for new cars than there is for loaners. You may find that you'll get a better price in the end on a new car than you will on a loaner. End month is always a good time to negotiate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.. this price was for a brand new 2015 TLX... Not a service loaner. The price on the Acura website with the options I choose was around $36,000 MSRP. Service loaner was priced at $31,998. But, that is the listed price... I did not try to negotiate for a better price on that.
My basic question is what do people think of that price, $33,188, for a brand new 2.4 with tech package??

Thank you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm not sure from your post if the offer was for a brand new car or a service loaner. If that is for a new car it seems like an extremely good price - about $1,000 below invoice. If it is a loaner, if it were me I would go for a new one if I could get it around the invoice price which according to Edmunds is what they are selling for in my area (Boston). Maybe it's just me because I am extremely fussy, but I would be a little concerned about buying a car that has been used by multiple people. There is another new post from today where someone bought a loaner and 600 miles later has a tranny issue. Keep in mind that this advice is from a type A1 automotive freak that uses google maps to plan out good parking spaces when venturing to new locals, only hand washes (even in the winter), changes lanes to avoid dump trucks, changes my route to work when there are re-paving projects etc etc. But anyway - my 2 cents.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The price they quoted you is pretty good. I think you can get even less, I was able to in Chicago area where we have 6+ dealers in 50 mile radius.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ Timbocool
Maybe I can buy a used car from you then?? :)

Thanks for your input. As I said in an earlier post (since I didn't make it clear in original post) this is for a brand new car. Thanks again.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi everyone.
As I said, I found this forum a little over a week ago when I started seriously considering a TLX. It's been a great resource! My wife and I started out looking at primarily used/service loaner TLX's with like 6,000-10,000 miles. Specifically the 2.4 with tech package. However, it's hard to find the right combination of options, interior, and exterior color in a used TLX... as there aren't much of them around my area. So, we started to consider a new one.
Once I purchase the TLX, I plan to be an active member of this forum and contribute as best as I can.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first posts and I enjoyed your introduction. Thanks for taking the time to post. :)

I have the TLX I4 Tech and I enjoy driving it everyday. I am sure you will as well.

Sounds like a good price to me, but I am not much of a haggler. I am glad to see you are getting some input from our members.

Is your color selection important?

We look forward to your updates as you buy your TLX and learn all about its features and handling.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for welcoming me to the forum!

Not totally sure about color. I like the basque red, but my wife is not a fan of the parchment interior. I really wished they would offer an ebony interior for the basque red. We're thinking of either a black TLX or a graphite luster... most likely the graphite with ebony interior.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts