Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - my search continues.
I am looking for a Silver, SH-AWD with Advance Package. Why are they so hard to come by? Any recommendation on website(s) I can use to widen my search? I am in GA, and wouldn't mind traveling 500 miles.

If I have to order one, I am sure I will wait months and something tells me there wont be any room to negotiate the price. Thoughts?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Setup search alerts through all the car shopping sites and wait. I waited over a year to buy the exact TLX I wanted and I traveled 500 miles away to get it. Car prices now are still inflated so it would be better if you can hold off until next year when the market stabilizes (hopefully).

·
Registered
2020 Acura TLX 2.4L i4 FWD White
8 Posts
I personally use autotempest to do my searching. If you haven't heard of it, this is a site that searches all the car listing sites (including ebay) for used and new cars. I'm not sure what gen/year you're looking for but I'm sure you could keep an eye on it there. Google it.

Still even with this convenient feature, keep search alerts on stuff like cars.com, autotrader etc.

Just be patient as 2019 and 2020s are coming off lease and are becoming certified/used listings from dealers. If you're worried about a new one then that's a whole other can of worms.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I am looking for a Silver, SH-AWD with Advance Package. Why are they so hard to come by? Any recommendation on website(s) I can use to widen my search? I am in GA, and wouldn't mind traveling 500 miles.

If I have to order one, I am sure I will wait months and something tells me there wont be any room to negotiate the price. Thoughts?
For the heck of it, I went to autotrader.com and selected 2021 Acura TLX with silver exterior and found a few SH-AWD Advanced within 500 miles of where I live - Raleigh, NC. Use your zipcode and put "any distance" and sort by closest distance.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Advance Fathom Blue
1 Posts
You could head to your dealer and they could possibly do a dealer trade for the one you want. Only downside would be the cost of transport.

·
Registered
78 Posts

See if this is still available
I randomly chose Marietta, Georgia and this one is 546 miles away.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec, 2020 TLX A-Spec, Performance Red Pearl with Ebony, 2017 Acura TLX
42 Posts

Well it's the end of the model year and you are looking for a SH-AWD Advance which is just a very small percentage of all TLX production. I have great news however, I have one available in Lunar Silver with Ebony interior. It is being built next week if you are interested. Just message me for more info.

·
Registered
170 Posts

May I suggest you wait a little, until inventory of CPO in the model your looking for comes for sale.
Find one with low mileage, you will get an extra year on warranties, 6 years on base warranty and 7 years on the piwertrain with both extended to 100,000k miles. You get your first maintenance free, oil and filter, engine filter, cabin filter and tire rotation. You don’t eat the depreciation.
There will be 2021 with low miles available.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for replies, I really appreciated it. Prior reading them just now, I was able to locate few here and there. Some in NJ, for example, as asking $3,000.00 mark up. Thinking about putting this on hold until next year. Most dealership are saying that they are not getting new inventory for while. Best I am prepared to wait for 6 moths.

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
180 Posts
Thank you all for replies, I really appreciated it. Prior reading them just now, I was able to locate few here and there. Some in NJ, for example, as asking $3,000.00 mark up. Thinking about putting this on hold until next year. Most dealership are saying that they are not getting new inventory for while. Best I am prepared to wait for 6 moths.
well I say do whats best for you but I don't see the car market getting any better for awhile at the current forecast of things and the chip shortage.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sucks dealing with NJ because they have a shit ton of extra fee's they tack on after MSRP + tax. Make the trip up to NY if you can. I paid 1K under MSRP , and $2500 conquest offer about 6 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
180 Posts
Sucks dealing with NJ because they have a shit ton of extra fee's they tack on after MSRP + tax. Make the trip up to NY if you can. I paid 1K under MSRP , and $2500 conquest offer about 6 weeks ago.
Yeah might have to make the hike to NY to get the Acura I am looking to get

·
Super Moderator
1,019 Posts
NYS may find a way to collect all the taxes we pay!! But then again NJ has their share too!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts