Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm a new owner of the TLX. Actually, I'm new to forums in general. I've had my car for about a month now and I'm definitely enjoying the new ride!

Just some advice for future buyers of the TLX, I would highly recommend purchasing the spare tire kit because I really could have used one last night. lol The sealant/compressor kit just wasn't happening.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Guess the sealant couldn't take with the screw still being lodged in the tire :(

I've been considering this myself when figuring out what options I want. I had a catastrophic tire failure a few years back with my TSX and it's absolutely worth having a spare tire in the trunk!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi everyone,

I'm a new owner of the TLX. Actually, I'm new to forums in general. I've had my car for about a month now and I'm definitely enjoying the new ride!

Just some advice for future buyers of the TLX, I would highly recommend purchasing the spare tire kit because I really could have used one last night. lol The sealant/compressor kit just wasn't happening.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post is an introduction.

Did you get the i4 or the V6? What color combo did you go with?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi everyone,

Welcome aboard!

I would strongly suggest that you get a proper patch and stem combo plug for it to hold up in the long run.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Unfortunately, the sealant did not work. I ended up buying a whole new tire. Whatever it was I picked up along the way was about the same size as a bullet. I almost considered purchasing a different brand of tire, but it would've bothered me having one tire be different from all the rest. Considering I just purchased my car I didn't want to buy a whole new set of tires.

I agree! It's definitely worth it to have a spare tire in the trunk!

:nerd:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post is an introduction.

Did you get the i4 or the V6? What color combo did you go with?
I purchased the 2.4 Tech Bellanova white pearl/Espresso interior but I'm really digging that basque red pearl though! Great choice!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the new ride! Guess the sealant couldn't take with the screw still being lodged in the tire :(

I've been considering this myself when figuring out what options I want. I had a catastrophic tire failure a few years back with my TSX and it's absolutely worth having a spare tire in the trunk!
Thanks Leeroy! What options are you considering? I was thinking I should have negotiated a spare tire kit when i purchased my car lol!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks like a bit of a messy job. Did it work though?

Glad to have you on the forum. Welcome!
Thanks! Glad to be here! It was a bit messy and now I have to look into where I can purchase more sealant!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I purchased the 2.4 Tech Bellanova white pearl/Espresso interior but I'm really digging that basque red pearl though! Great choice!
Thanks. I am hooked on Red. I wish I could have gotten the espresso interior.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Unfortunately, the sealant did not work. I ended up buying a whole new tire. Whatever it was I picked up along the way was about the same size as a bullet. I almost considered purchasing a different brand of tire, but it would've bothered me having one tire be different from all the rest. Considering I just purchased my car I didn't want to buy a whole new set of tires.

I agree! It's definitely worth it to have a spare tire in the trunk!

:nerd:

Bought the spare tire kit one month after I got my TLX. It took at least two months to get the kit. The tire inflator kit has also a place on the new top cover. Don't want to go long travel without a spare tire.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Where abouts in California?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bought the spare tire kit one month after I got my TLX. It took at least two months to get the kit. The tire inflator kit has also a place on the new top cover. Don't want to go long travel without a spare tire.

Where did you purchase your kit? I need to purchase more sealant too since I tried using that first!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Where did you purchase your kit? I need to purchase more sealant too since I tried using that first!

I bought the spare tire kit at the dealership in San Diego. Well actually, they gave me $500 gift cert as token for two weeks of waiting. So I decided to get the spare tire kit for $369 plus tax. see link fyi

You won't regret in getting one.:)

2015 Acura TLX | Accessories | Acura.com

1 - 20 of 26 Posts