Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been an Acura owner since 2002 Rsx and Csx now a TLX i4 Tech. A bit bigger than the other Acuras but didn't take much time to get used to driving a "bigger" car. But the tech advances is a larger learning curve. Only been driving the car for about a week and loving it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will learn a lot going through the different threads here. I have had my TLX since the end of February and really enjoy it. As several others on this forum and I have said the only downside is that a five minute errand usually results in at least a thirty minute drive>:D.

As you read through the threads you will see quite a few on problem transmissions and other issues with the TLX. One of the purposes of the forum is to bring together those who have problems and see if someone can help remedy them. Some workarounds have been discussed while some problems can only be solved by Acura. The thing to remember is that the TLX is currently Acura's biggest seller and many owners like me have not had issues.:laugh:

Make your dealership earn their money. There is a lot to learn about the TLX tech and advanced (elite) packages. As you come up with questions address them on this forum and also take them to your dealer. My dealer's service manager even organized "workshops" for new owners to go over features of the car. This was an invitation only event that took place about a month after I bought the car. During the workshop the service manager implored us to write down questions and, instead of staring at the TV in the lounge when we brought the car in, walk on to the showroom floor and make the salesmen earn their money by answering your questions.;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Glad that you are liking the car so far. Hope you find some good information on the forum here. There are a few threads that go over some hidden gems you may not know about.

Welcome!

And post up some pics if you get the chance.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Nice choice of Acura's, was your CSX a CSX-S?

The CSX was one of my favorites since it brought us the closest to what the Civic Type R (not sold here) was like.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The CSX was a type S. And yes, it was a fun to drive, just seen the TLX and I had to test drive it and ....hooked. I have owned a couple of civics including an SI. Traded the SI for the RSX base model. And then traded the RSX for the CSX. The CSX was much more "civil" than the RSX and the SI, all cars were blast to drive.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Been an Acura owner since 2002 Rsx and Csx now a TLX i4 Tech. A bit bigger than the other Acuras but didn't take much time to get used to driving a "bigger" car. But the tech advances is a larger learning curve. Only been driving the car for about a week and loving it.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. Also glad to see others welcome you aboard. :)

Congratulations on getting your new TLX!

·
Registered
727 Posts
The CSX was a type S. And yes, it was a fun to drive, just seen the TLX and I had to test drive it and ....hooked. I have owned a couple of civics including an SI. Traded the SI for the RSX base model. And then traded the RSX for the CSX. The CSX was much more "civil" than the RSX and the SI, all cars were blast to drive.
I think you owning the CSX-S helped in the process of liking and getting the TLX since you come from one of Acura's sportier and lighter sedans of recent times.

How do you like how Acura has progressed over the years throughout the models you've owned up to the TLX?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is an observation I have not realized until now. I guess I have been "progressing' through the Honda/Acura line-up. I appreciate the way Acura blends the right amount of power,sportiness and refinement in their coupes and sedans; well at least for me. Certainly, as I moved through the models more and more of the refinement crept in (cabin quietness, better interiors) which probably influenced my decision. Not to say the earlier models were buzzy with an abundance of hard plastics inside, but this TLX seems really well put together and sporty to boot. I test drove the ILX too a 2016 model with the same power plant as the TLX i4 and found the TLX to be a much better vehicle all round.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts