Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new TLX 2.4 tech recently. Still breaking it in.

Traded in my 99 accord 4 cyl. Was going to get another accord but didn't really like CVT and the 2015 accord drives like my old accord except more power. Didn't want to spend another 15 years on the exact same feel (Yeah I keep my cars for a long time).

Love the TLX 2.4 so far. Can't wait till the break in period over so I can really 'drive' it. :)

-- whatmeworry

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Welcome! I bet it is an upgrade from a '99 anything. There is so much technology in the car.

Let us know how you like it over the next little while.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Just got my new TLX 2.4 tech recently. Still breaking it in.

Traded in my 99 accord 4 cyl. Was going to get another accord but didn't really like CVT and the 2015 accord drives like my old accord except more power. Didn't want to spend another 15 years on the exact same feel (Yeah I keep my cars for a long time).

Love the TLX 2.4 so far. Can't wait till the break in period over so I can really 'drive' it. :)

-- whatmeworry
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

Hopefully you will find a lot of useful information within these forum walls in helping you get used to your new TLX. I also got the 2.4 Tech. I love to drive it.

What color combination did you go for?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! I bet it is an upgrade from a '99 anything. There is so much technology in the car.

Let us know how you like it over the next little while.
Thanks. Yes, there's so much tech now.

The thing about my '99 is that the Honda engine still works great. It's the parts around the engine that's giving up. I guess rubbers and plastics eventually wears off. Last straw was the Catalytic converter busted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

Hopefully you will find a lot of useful information within these forum walls in helping you get used to your new TLX. I also got the 2.4 Tech. I love to drive it.

What color combination did you go for?
Actually the forum helped me when I was researching cars. The test drive confirms it. The sales guys gave me a 'oh really?' look when I said I prefer the 2.4. When I first started looking for a car, I was determined to get a V6, but funny how i ended up with the 2.4 after all.

I got the Bellanova White with Graystone interior.

·
Registered
222 Posts
@whatmeworry welcome to the forum, what an nice step up from a 99 accord! how long have you had the 99 accord for?
were there any non-honda/acura vehicles you were looking at while considering the TLX?

·
Registered
317 Posts
When I first started looking for a car, I was determined to get a V6, but funny how i ended up with the 2.4 after all.
This was exactly my path, too. Took about 3 weeks of research and extended test drives :) Congrats !

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome to the club. Do you mind if I ask how much you got for your 99 Accord? I'm surprised they would even take it. How many miles were on it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the club. Do you mind if I ask how much you got for your 99 Accord? I'm surprised they would even take it. How many miles were on it?
Only 1K for it, but it does have something like another 1K worth of repair to be done and another laundry list of items to fix. I think KBB is like 3.5K but the time to take off work to get some of the items fixed plus cost to make it sale-able is not worth it. It has 151,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@whatmeworry welcome to the forum, what an nice step up from a 99 accord! how long have you had the 99 accord for?
were there any non-honda/acura vehicles you were looking at while considering the TLX?
Thanks. Had it for 15 Years. But this TLX is not our first Acura, we do have an MDX which we like a lot.

I was considering Lexus ES300h/ES350 , Mazda6, a used GS350, Mercedes C300/E300.

But those jewel eyes man, that really got me mesmerized...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts