Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Recently purchase a new TLX last month. Found this forum and thought I join! My car color is Graphite Luster Metallic. Took me a minute to find that **** color especially where I was located and when I did find it, they wouldn't haggle the car price because of the color.. but I got them to anyways :D my car is currently parked... back at home ::crying:: anyways hello everyone!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

You'll have to post some pictures of your new ride.
Thank you, thank you! I would post pictures but I am not even close to my car right now :D. Thousands of miles away :eek:

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Hello all!

Recently purchase a new TLX last month. Found this forum and thought I join! My car color is Graphite Luster Metallic. Took me a minute to find that **** color especially where I was located and when I did find it, they wouldn't haggle the car price because of the color.. but I got them to anyways :D my car is currently parked... back at home ::crying:: anyways hello everyone!
Welcome to the Forum!

Did you get the I4 or the V6?

·
Registered
727 Posts
congrats and welcome to the forum!
where there any other vehicles you were looking into at the time?
i know some other car makers like Lexus, BMW and Mercedes do also have some nice vehicles within this segment

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome to the show, congrats on the new TLX. Think of it as both a going away and getting home gift to yourself ;)

Stay safe guy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your service!

I was in the peacetime U.S. Navy for 8 years. Had a great time. Hope your tour is going as good as mine did or better.:)
Oh nice! What was your rate? I'm navy myself.

congrats and welcome to the forum!
where there any other vehicles you were looking into at the time?
i know some other car makers like Lexus, BMW and Mercedes do also have some nice vehicles within this segment
Actually yes... I wanted a Lexus is250 but decided it was going to be to costly and it was smaller.

Welcome to the show, congrats on the new TLX. Think of it as both a going away and getting home gift to yourself ;)

Stay safe guy!
Thanks brother!

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Go Navy!

Oh nice! What was your rate? I'm navy myself.
Avionics Technician First Class. Was land-based and worked on Jets and ECM in Key West and then Intermediate Level Maintenance in Jacksonville. Went to Avionics school in Millington, TN. Joined the Navy and saw the state of Florida, my home state. Luckily I did travel across the US and a few times overseas with the squadrons. All in all, I had gravy duty and I got to take my car along.:)

What's your rating and situation?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Avionics Technician First Class. Was land-based and worked on Jets and ECM in Key West and then Intermediate Level Maintenance in Jacksonville. Went to Avionics school in Millington, TN. Joined the Navy and saw the state of Florida, my home state. Luckily I did travel across the US and a few times overseas with the squadrons. All in all, I had gravy duty and I got to take my car along.:)

What's your rating and situation?
I'm a PS or back in the day DK and PN. They combined and made PS. Currently out of Korea and I've been to Japan passing through couple time and vacation at Vietnam and Cambodia for a week. Haven't done much really. Will probably get out after 4. Made my goal of reaching 2nd :p

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Good for you. E5 is good rank. Enjoy the area. I never went beyond the pacific. I heard good things. I initially signed up for 6 and went the extra 2. I figured 8 was enough. Made 1st in 5 years. ATs were in demand and I studied hard. Got my skills and got out. Look back with fond memories. Enjoy yourself while you are in.
:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good for you. E5 is good rank. Enjoy the area. I never went beyond the pacific. I heard good things. I initially signed up for 6 and went the extra 2. I figured 8 was enough. Made 1st in 5 years. ATs were in demand and I studied hard. Got my skills and got out. Look back with fond memories. Enjoy yourself while you are in.
:)
Wow that is really fast to 1st. You must of had some type of accelerated advancement? Or you made rank first time up with a bunch of EPs?

Pacific is where the moneys at! :D

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Wow that is really fast to 1st. You must of had some type of accelerated advancement? Or you made rank first time up with a bunch of EPs?

Pacific is where the moneys at! :D
Yes, to both questions. Yeah I "sort of cheated" to get E3/E4 and studied real hard for E5 and E6. Actually the class I graduated from to get E4 was quite difficult.

I got E4 out of Advanced First Term Avionics school (AFTA). Then I made rank on the first increments for E5 and E6.

I've only heard sea stories about the Pacific and all of the stories were good. My Dad was in Korea, but he didn't have much fun in the Army.

Hopefully by the time you see your car again, we will have worked out the bugs for you. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, to both questions. Yeah I "sort of cheated" to get E3/E4 and studied real hard for E5 and E6. Actually the class I graduated from to get E4 was quite difficult.

I got E4 out of Advanced First Term Avionics school (AFTA). Then I made rank on the first increments for E5 and E6.

I've only heard sea stories about the Pacific and all of the stories were good. My Dad was in Korea, but he didn't have much fun in the Army.

Hopefully by the time you see your car again, we will have worked out the bugs for you. :)
Haha that's good to hear :D

I appreciate all the welcomes. I will just continue to lurk and read since there's not much to contribute since I'm not a big car guy. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts