Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that when I start the car remotely and get inside the heat is auto on and and the fan is blowing air, heated windshield button is auto on but the heated steering wheel is off. It used to be auto on when outside temperature dropped to around 7 C. Now it is much colder and this thing is not working anymore. Anyone experiencing a similar thing ?

·
Registered
666 Posts
My heated steering wheel has never been turned on automatically and the Handbook does not suggest that it should be. However, the heated windshield is tuned on automatically at around 4C as indicated in the Handbook.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Two scenarios.
1. With Remote start to heated steering should be turned on p326
2. With normal start even if it is cold heated steering is not turned on p196

I have not used remote start in cold conditions.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two scenarios.
1. With Remote start to heated steering should be turned on p326
2. With normal start even if it is cold heated steering is not turned on p196

I have not used remote start in cold conditions.
THx ! Yes, #2 makes sense and this is how it works for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My heated steering wheel turns on when I remote start it in the cold. But it turns off as soon as I hit the start button. Depending on how long it was running before I hit start, it can be hard to tell if the steering wheel heat came on because it is just barely warm.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right, this is how it worked in my TLX before. Well, will take it to the dealer next week, will ask them about software updates and if they have any news re DCT transmission issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just noticed that when I start the car remotely and get inside the heat is auto on and and the fan is blowing air, heated windshield button is auto on but the heated steering wheel is off. It used to be auto on when outside temperature dropped to around 7 C. Now it is much colder and this thing is not working anymore. Anyone experiencing a similar thing ?
My steering wheel does get warm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.