Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -
New to forum...glad to have this as a resource!

Quick question....every time I turn the car on, I have to turn on the heated seats even though I turned the car off with the heated seats on.
Is there a way for the heated seats to stay the same as the last time I drove the car?
I also saved the climate as a "favorite"...this does not work (don't know if this is an option anyway).

I have a 2016 TLX w/Tech package.

Thoughts?
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
636 Posts
There are a few things on our cars that use a tremendous amount of electricity. Rear defroster and heated seats are two of them. ALL vehicles (to my knowledge) are designed where they shut off when the car is shut off and must be turned back on when the car is started. Similarly, most all cars have a limit on how long these devices will stay on, normally around 15 minutes or so and then they shut off, and must be manually turned back on. I checked the owners manual and could not find this though. Sorry, I'm just not a big user of heated seats. Probably because I've seen too many fires started from heated seats. Most common scenario is where someone in the back seat will crush up a food or potato chip bag and kick it under the front seat, and then it ignites.

Personally, I would not tamper with the switch or relay to force it to come on with each start. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
My wife's 2011 MDX has a physical switch which she loves...

I have the Advance package which has "auto heating / cooling" seats... this will turn on the heater or cooling if needed which each start. I can't remember if the tech package has the auto seat feature.

#Crashmaster - really you have seen fires from heated seats? Wow!

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
My wife's 2011 MDX has a physical switch which she loves...

I have the Advance package which has "auto heating / cooling" seats... this will turn on the heater or cooling if needed which each start. I can't remember if the tech package has the auto seat feature.

#Crashmaster - really you have seen fires from heated seats? Wow!
The tech package does not have auto seat heating, you have to turn it on and select low, med or high

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2019 with the Tech Package turns the seat heat on and off automatically the past few cold mornings. ON when I start the car and off once the interior warms up. Not sure if there is a setting, but I have the climate control on auto.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
The tech package does not have auto seat heating, you have to turn it on and select low, med or high
Edit to my previous statement - the 2015 through 2017 tech pkg models do not have auto seat heating but Acura added it for all models starting in 2018. See screenshot of the 2018 owners manual:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it....thanks for all the info!
Too bad about it not starting automatically....my Explorer has it...and so did my old Honda.
I use it for my back...for some reason it kinda makes it feel better :)
Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are a few things on our cars that use a tremendous amount of electricity. Rear defroster and heated seats are two of them. ALL vehicles (to my knowledge) are designed where they shut off when the car is shut off and must be turned back on when the car is started. Similarly, most all cars have a limit on how long these devices will stay on, normally around 15 minutes or so and then they shut off, and must be manually turned back on. I checked the owners manual and could not find this though. Sorry, I'm just not a big user of heated seats. Probably because I've seen too many fires started from heated seats. Most common scenario is where someone in the back seat will crush up a food or potato chip bag and kick it under the front seat, and then it ignites.

Personally, I would not tamper with the switch or relay to force it to come on with each start. Just my 2 cents.
I don’t want my seats to come on every time I turn on my car and they are! How do I keep them from doing that! Thank you

·
Super Moderator
728 Posts
When on automatic setting, they will come on when the outside temp and the inside set temperature demands heat. Turn off that automatic setting and they should not come on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts