Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a V6 FWD w/ Advance Package--I recently had my car taken in for the software update/recall. This could purely be coincidental, but after doing that I've noticed that I've had some trouble with my heated seats. I think I've narrowed this down to occurring when I use my remote start since it's happened a few times to me now.

I try using the touchscreen to turn the heated seats on, but it [heat level option: L/M/H] flickers when touching the screen, but no heated option sticks/turns on. However, the cooling option will work just fine.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I've tried searching the forum, but I may be an anomaly.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a V6 FWD w/ Advance Package--I recently had my car taken in for the software update/recall. This could purely be coincidental, but after doing that I've noticed that I've had some trouble with my heated seats. I think I've narrowed this down to occurring when I use my remote start since it's happened a few times to me now.

I try using the touchscreen to turn the heated seats on, but it [heat level option: L/M/H] flickers when touching the screen, but no heated option sticks/turns on. However, the cooling option will work just fine.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I've tried searching the forum, but I may be an anomaly.
Welcome to the forum! Sorry you're having trouble. You're not the only person with this issue, as it's happened to me in a loaner vehicle. Is this your issue? http://youtu.be/iGWsgjuHN4c

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you made your first post. Sorry to hear that you have issues with the TLX.

Definitely take it to the dealer since your problem is re-producible.

Let us know what you find out.
:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2015 TLX SH-AWD V6 Elite, and I have the exact same problem mentioned by JoJo and exact same issue in the youtube video crownR0yal posted the link for. Seems to only happen after using remote start, and not every time - just doesn't work once in a while, no idea why. Brought to dealership and they had no clue, couldn't replicate the issue of course. Must be a software glitch. I just turn the car off and restart, then comes back. What a nuisance. I'm generally unimpressed as I've noticed other glitchy things - sometimes after starting the car my driver seat auto-retract doesn't reset to driver position, my driver side blind spot indicator sometimes goes off randomly, and my LDW periodically on starting the car warns it is not available (have to shut off and restart car then OK). WTH???!

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I can imagine that those issues would be frustrating. I would also think it would be hard for a technician to troubleshoot if they cannot replicate the error. I wonder if this is only happening with the Auto setting for the heated/cooled seats on the Elite/Advanced models? The other models don't have the Auto setting. Does it do the same if you start the car remotely with the Auto setting off?

Maybe keep a running log of the issues and try to take a video or picture when it does happen. Hopefully they can get it sorted out for you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is probably too late for the OP, but since HHH is having a similar issue: I saw this issue on another site. The person fixed it by having the dealer re-install the latest software to the infotainment system. It seems that sometimes (especially after a software update), you can get a glitchy load, and re-installing the software seems to take care of it.

Luckily, I haven't seen this issue. It would bug the **** out of me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, thanks for posting back andre12bsi. Yeah it does it with or without Auto mode. Super annoying, as I have to shut car off and restart to get seat warmer going. And since I live in Canada I need the seat warmer esp. on those super-cold snowy days!

Thanks JT3, will bring it up next time I bring it in for service and let you guys know!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Finally we know why they installed the auto idle stop... to fix the heated seats :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, my 2015 tlx elite has been doing this since I bought it new, about 2.5 months ago. my dealership says Acura Canada hasn't heard of the intermittent heated seat issue when using the remote start feature, what a bunch of BS, Acura Canada knowingly sold me a car with defective software hoping I wouldn't notice. The dealership has sent my videos 10+ now to acura canada tech support line just last week, unsure what they will want to do, I have suggested reloading the software, they said they will wait for acura tech support to provide instructions on what to do next, so in a holding pattern. Has anyone had this fixed first hand? See what someone else posted on youtube as to the issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGWsgjuHN4c

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Hi, my 2015 tlx elite has been doing this since I bought it new, about 2.5 months ago. my dealership says Acura Canada hasn't heard of the intermittent heated seat issue when using the remote start feature, what a bunch of BS, Acura Canada knowingly sold me a car with defective software hoping I wouldn't notice. The dealership has sent my videos 10+ now to acura canada tech support line just last week, unsure what they will want to do, I have suggested reloading the software, they said they will wait for acura tech support to provide instructions on what to do next, so in a holding pattern. Has anyone had this fixed first hand? See what someone else posted on youtube as to the issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGWsgjuHN4c
In post number 8 in this thread someone referred to some information online about a software reload fixing the issue.

I'm not sure the statement about Acura Canada "knowingly" selling you a car with defective software is accurate. An issue with a group of drivers doesn't mean it's across the platform. Unless every TLX has the issue it's hard to say they knowingly sold you a car with defective software.

Either way with the help of your videos hopefully they can get it fixed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
happened to me over the weekend - i just shut the car off and back on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
That sucks that you need to do that to fix it though. I'd probably make a trip to the dealer just for that.
been to the dealership too many times in the past little while. i'll leave it for now :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Possible Fix

I had the same issue with the heated seats but in a 2016 MDX. They had the car for 28 days and I think just out of luck they replaced the keyless smart entry control unit and knock on wood it hasn't happened in a week but the weather really hasn't been that cold.

Random question. Has anyone notice the seat heaters not turning on when you remote start your car in cold weather?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I seem to have noticed that in a previous thread... but I don't think I have them time to warm up. Temps got warmer and I never confirmed if it was an issue as I have not used the remote start for a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, so I bought a brand new 2015 tlx elite back in April 2015. Since then I've been back and fourth to the acura dealership about my heated seating not working when I use remote start. It's really frustrating especially when you spend so much money on a brand new ride and their software keeps having all these minor glitches. The main irritant is the heat seat not working! They've been trying to fix this for almost a year now. First acura and last acura. I'm so fed up with the run around. I've sent videos to them, contacted Honda Canada and escalated higher up and they just don't have a fix for this. Has anyone gotten their issued resolved so I can share this with Acura Richmond. It's sad that Acura has all this advanced technology and yet they can't keep up with it or have resolutions to theses problems. Like I said this isn't the one and only issue I have had and notice on this car. Not a very happy camper at all. I'm actually picking my car up again until I guess their engineers can come up with something. Pretty lame for spending almost 60k cash on a brand new ride with so many issues and not the greatest customer service from Honda consumer relations either.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Hi guys, so I bought a brand new 2015 tlx elite back in April 2015. Since then I've been back and fourth to the acura dealership about my heated seating not working when I use remote start. It's really frustrating especially when you spend so much money on a brand new ride and their software keeps having all these minor glitches. The main irritant is the heat seat not working! They've been trying to fix this for almost a year now. First acura and last acura. I'm so fed up with the run around. I've sent videos to them, contacted Honda Canada and escalated higher up and they just don't have a fix for this. Has anyone gotten their issued resolved so I can share this with Acura Richmond. It's sad that Acura has all this advanced technology and yet they can't keep up with it or have resolutions to theses problems. Like I said this isn't the one and only issue I have had and notice on this car. Not a very happy camper at all. I'm actually picking my car up again until I guess their engineers can come up with something. Pretty lame for spending almost 60k cash on a brand new ride with so many issues and not the greatest customer service from Honda consumer relations either.
Welcome to the forum. Consider creating an into post telling the group more about yourself and you car. You mention that you've had issues with your car. What type of issues are you having? Maybe include that in your intro post.

Obviously your heated seats aren't working properly. Do they work at all, or do they only not work with the remote start? Have you considered trying a different dealership?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts